PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang or EX-P?

LouisanaJeeper
05-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Which one of these do you perfer overall.

Can the wol```ang sealant be applied directly over a properly stripped finish w/o the use of the wolfgang polish?

I also heard EX-P can be used as a topper and will not strip previous layers, is this correct?

roadman
05-16-2004, 08:01 PM
The WG Sealer will only seal in the shine that is already there, so a good polish first will seal the deal (so to speak).

I have both and will be putting this on my car this week

1) AIO (or PP, or SSR1)

2) WG Sealer

3) EX-P

4) #16 or Whatever else I buy this week (Signature, Natty`s, or S100)

One car is Dark Green, the other Bronze

From what I read and was told the EX-P is cool to use after WG Sealer

Scottwax
05-16-2004, 08:06 PM
IMO, it is a tossup. I really like both products. I am pretty sure though, that EX-P does have some mild carrier solvents so it may remove some of the WG Sealant. I`d use one or the other and top with a paste carnauba if you wish. WG has a more `carnauba` look to begin with while EX-P has a very hard clear shine to it.

MikeD
05-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Hey Mike,

Out of ex-p -vs- wg, ive used both.. there is one that i thought worked better than both of those, even better than natty`s (soory natty fans) its amino-uv. I`ve used it 3 times now and it works awesome, plus the price is much better. i ordered straight from their site http://www.amino-uv.com. good luck

imported_COBRyan
05-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I love the look of EX-P, though I have noticed it loses its slickness VERY quickly. I used AIO and EX-P a week ago and it was very slick. I washed my car last weekend and the car was not so smooth anymore. Maybe I will try some 16 on top and see if that helps. EX seems to stay slick for a long time so perhaps EX-P really needs that carnauba topper.

killrwheels
05-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Guess I will go against the grain and vote Wolfgang. I have used both and on similar colors. Pewter (Ex-P and previously Wolfgang) and Silver (Wolfgang). I bought Poorboys based on this site and several familar applauds (even before I knew Autogeek was carrying the line).

Wolfgang --- bar none to date, the easiest to use. It is forgiving no matter the amount used. It comes off like Pinnacle Soveran, and it is extremely reflective. I have used it with the precleaner and also with DACP with the same rewarding finish. The slippery finish has got to be felt it feels like a carnuba but leaves no finger prints.

EX-P -- It is very thick and thus difficult to put on sparingly. It dusts if not put on extremely thin. It provided a warm look , and not as reflective as most sealants. It does look much better when covered with Z6 Detailer. The most annoying factor is that it sheets water, it does not bead, and thus knowing when it is gone is a real bugger. Z6 does help with beading though and really made this product much more impressive.

All in all though, I really miss the carnuba. Now that the weather is getting into the high 80`s reflective cars just seem to blend while the oily wetness of a carnuba stands out. You would have thought I painted the car when I added a coat of Soveran over Wolfgang last week. While getting tires everyone at the rim shop stopped to ask what I used, and why was I buying tires on a brand new Vette. (its 2 years old and a daily driver)

SpoiledMan
05-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by miked

Hey Mike,

Out of ex-p -vs- wg, ive used both.. there is one that i thought worked better than both of those, even better than natty`s (soory natty fans) its amino-uv. I`ve used it 3 times now and it works awesome, plus the price is much better. i ordered straight from their site http://www.amino-uv.com. good luck

Can`t argue the looks but I think I can the price. I have waxed two of my cars with my Natty`s tub and can`t tell that anything is missing. That 16 oz. liquid is NOT going to come close to waxing as many cars as a paste. Both products are about $15. I guess if you compare what you get ounce for ounce but otherwise????