PDA

View Full Version : Doh! Need some advice!

jdmclemore
10-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Just got a new vehicle (2005 F150 supercrew, black clearcoat) and got up early to wash her today - she`s just 1 week old. From my lurking on this wonderful site, I decided on some great products to use. After the wash, I planned on clay`ing and waxing with NXT.

The problem: As I mentioned, I started early before the sun was shining. But just as I was finishing the wash, the neighbor locked herself out of the house and I had to go rescue her. When I got back, the water had begun to dry and spots started to form.

Now, do I need to start all over another day? Or will my next step - the clay - take the spots off with everything else?

That`s what you get for being a good guy... :angel

Thanks!

CharlesW
10-03-2004, 12:34 PM
While you probably would be O.K. to just continue, I would wash the vehicle again, just to be safe. More for the dirt and contaminanats that you will pick up between now and your next session.
And the reward for being a "good guy" is your satisfaction that you did the right thing. :bigups

Charles

Big Leegr
10-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Probably too late to help you, but a spritz of qd should get rid if the spots (S&W if you`ve got).