PDA

View Full Version : Is a PC right for me?

TGates
05-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Let me start off by saying that the cars in my sig are not daily drivers. I have a 2001 Grand Am GT that I drive daily, so the other two are there to look good and take out on nice days.

I currently have 1ZPP, the Klasse twins, and Souveran for the G35. It has some very light marring that I am going to try to remove with the 1ZPP. I originally bought the 1ZPP because it was recommended by several on the board for its ease of use by hand.

However, the overwhelming consensus on the board is that a PC is a great investment. However, I`m not sure one would be worth the money in my case since I`m a weekend warrior, and will usually only apply a coat of AIO, a few SG`s, and then kick it up with the Souveran. Since the final step in my process is going to be the Souveran, and I will only be using the 1ZPP when marring becomes an issue, would it be worth the $120 or so a PC would run me?

Also, for my scenario, would the 7424 be the way to go, or is there something out there better suited to my limited useage needs? What pads? Thanks in advance.

Accumulator
05-16-2004, 01:12 PM
BlackSunshine- Heh heh, your user name always reminds me of a Rob Zombie song ;)

Yeah, I`d say get the PC. It will make your polishing (and waxing) much easier and probably even give you better results. And you might find yourself doing certain jobs more often and more thoroughly, since they *will* be easier (and thus seem less daunting).

Considering how much we spend on the cars themselves, the additional expense of a PC isn`t (IMO) all that substantial. For most people, having a PC just means the job will get done right, so it`s a good investment.

TGates
05-16-2004, 01:21 PM
LOL, that`s what I was afraid of :doh Deep down I know I should just go pick one up, but dang it, I`ve made it this far without one!

andriver
05-16-2004, 01:46 PM
If you are happy with the results you achieve by hand then you probably don`t need a PC. However, if you are constantly trying to improve your paint then you would probably be happy in investing in a PC.

travisdecpn
05-16-2004, 03:11 PM
once you use one, you will never look back

imported_Sullybob
05-16-2004, 03:58 PM
I think that it will make most of your prep work before you seal or wax very easy and give you more consistant results.

roadman
05-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I just picked us a 7336 and what a difference it has made. I wish I had one sooner than spending the past 30 + yrs doing this by hand.