PDA

View Full Version : questions about cleaning wash sponge and QD

dpreuss
05-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone. I was down at wal mart the other day and bought a chenille wash sponge. I used it once and it worked great. My question is, how should i clean all of the dirt out of it. I just washed it by hand in my sink with some laundry detergent and rinsed it out, but is there a better way? Also, I was wondering the same thing about my absorber, i also wash that the same way, but I can never get out all of the soap residue, anyone have any techniques that can help me? I also just bought some wizards mist-n-shine, and it works great. I was wondering however, if I could continue to use it once I apply the Klasse twins that i recently bought, will it strip them? Please help. Thanks. -Derek

hondaguy2582
05-15-2004, 10:00 PM
machine wash the absorber. Do that with your towels. Not sure on the mist-n-shine, but Id go with the klasse twins;)!!!!!!!!

dpreuss
05-16-2004, 10:07 PM
anyone else????

imported_Sullybob
05-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Here is what works for me.

Wash the chenille wash sponge in your washing machine. If it is the same one that I bought from Wal-Mart wash it by itself. All kinds of lint and fiber came off of mine when I washed it. Put vinegar in the final rinse cycle of your washing machine. The vinegar will remove all of the soap residue from the wash sponge. I hung it to dry. I wash my MF`s the same way. I dry the MF`s in the dryer.

I am not familiar with the wizards mist-n-shine so I can`t help you there. Is it a QD? Does it have any wax in it? If it has wax you should not use it untill you have all of the SG on your car that you want. Wax will prevent the SG from bonding to the previous layer of SG.