PDA

View Full Version : 1Z, Sonax, Griots or P21s car wash

Pages : [1] 2

shelshel
05-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I use the Klasse twins and now I`m looking for a quality car wash that won`t strip or interfer with bonding of Klasse. I`ve heard good things about Sonax but I`m not able to find a place to buy it online. Can someone help me out. I`ve also heard the BMW car wash, depending on who`s writing, is either the P21s or the Sonax. Does anyone really know for sure? For all those who have tried these products can someone please tell me what their using now and why they switch.

ALAN81
05-15-2004, 05:39 PM
1z car wash is the best car wash I ever used.$9.00 for 250mil but well worth it.I heard good thing about Sonax,and just about everything GRIOTS makes is a quality product except I did`t like the Best in Show Wax.I never tried the car wash they make

armoredsaint
05-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I have and used all except the Griots. Sonax is having distribution problems, so it`s hard to find and the dealers are price grouging right now. P21S is good for the cost, but 1Z Perls is tops in my book, not alot of suds but the lubrication is awesome like Sonax and the shine left behind is great. Read the reviews on the upper right corner and judge for yourself! :D

Accumulator
05-15-2004, 06:09 PM
I use Griot`s for my Klassed vehicles. I get nearly a year out of my SGx4-5, washing with pretty strong mixtures of Griot`s. It does not appear to strip the SG at all, it cleans well, and its great lubricity has greatly reduced my wash-induced marring.

37buckeye
05-15-2004, 07:07 PM
My two favorites are P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo and 1Z Perls.

P21S BCS is a good value. Lots of suds and good lubrication. The shampoo smells like apples.

1Z Perls is more expensive, but is a nice product as well. It doesn`t sud up much, but the lubricity is there. Perls sheets off water if you rinse it with a free flow of water at the end of the wash. It makes drying the car much easier.

I`ve found Perls to be stronger at removing insect stains compared to P21S BCS.

I`ve used both products with Klasse AIO/SG and neither appear to strip SG much.

6cyl's_of_fury
05-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Another vote for 1z Perls.

I have used it on Klasse twins, NXT, #20, #16, #26, S100 and have had nil stripping issues.

tom p.
05-15-2004, 07:44 PM

jonw440
05-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Sonax is having distribution problems, so it`s hard to find and the dealers are price grouging right now.

I LOVE SONAX :bow :bow :bow

Now for that damn distribution shanaigons..:angry

I really like WG Shampoo,Sonus shampoo. BUT NOTHING compairs to Sonax:( :( :(

andriver
05-16-2004, 07:06 AM
I vote for Perls wash. I also like the other 1Z wash Glanz Exclusiv.

TN9thSi
05-16-2004, 07:52 AM
I haven`t used 1Z Perls w/ Klasse, but I have used it with Wolfgang. I just ordered two 250ml Bottles last night from autopia. This stuff is great. It created beads like I`ve never seen from a car wash shampoo. And it free rinses and dries virtually spot free.

RJJ
05-16-2004, 10:49 AM
ditto the comments on Griots wash, tom p.- by the gallon is the only way to buy; it last me two years and I wash two cars weekly.

ALAN81
05-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Just a little math GRIOTS wash is 29.95 a gallon that`s 7.50 for 16oz.......just about average price for any car wash

imported_Macgirl
05-16-2004, 02:21 PM
FYI....

If you are looking for SONAX gloss shampoo, go to a MINI Cooper dealer. Their service department will have car care products and the MINI line is actually SONAX, bottles are exact only the label is changed. Same goes for P21S and BMW car care products.

armoredsaint
05-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Macgirl

FYI....

If you are looking for SONAX gloss shampoo, go to a MINI Cooper dealer. Their service department will have car care products and the MINI line is actually SONAX, bottles are exact only the label is changed. Same goes for P21S and BMW car care products.

sweet! i better get there before it`s all gone. i think in french canada the sonax is named after jacque villeneuve the f1 driver?

shelshel
05-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Ok...it seems like I couldn`t go wrong with any of these products. Too many to choose from. Just one more question, what about Pinnacle bodyworks? Should I consider this one also? Any negative feedback I should be aware of? From what some of the online retailers tell me they would recommend this over P21S.