PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FMJ - Any Updates

Pages : [1] 2 3

jsoto
05-15-2004, 07:47 AM
It`s been awhile since Menzena FMJ was released. For those that have used it, any updates in durability or looks.

If you top Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze with FMJ, any decrease in durability.

Seems to be that the product talk on this has died down alot since release........I`m a big fan of thier polishes. Just checking to see how their other products stand up also.

Rufus03
05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
JSOTO,

I have used FMJ and find it to be an excellent product. So far, it`s my favorite sealant, UPP and EX being my next favorites. I am finishing up detailing a black volvo s60t5. Im putting the second coat on this weekend and will take pictures.

FMJ has been on the car for about three weeks now. The depth and clarity rival carnauba. I spend two days prepping the paint, this car is sort of a daily driver. I will post pictures this weekend.

imported_BigBoy
06-09-2004, 02:18 PM
FMJ is a an awesome product. It`s suppose to have the slippery of zaino, depth of souveran, liquidity of zymol, durability of black fire. Fmj has alot of all 3 with some P21s added. I`ve used souveran & P21s which were excellent products IMO. FMJ is easier to buff than P21s paint cleaner. I`ve have 3 coates on my daily driver. The wash is really thick. VERY PLEASED with this product.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Has anyone tried topping FMJ with a carnuba?

3Dog
07-13-2004, 08:33 AM
this may help: http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/menzernafmj.html

l33
07-13-2004, 09:15 AM
I use FMJ on every car i do, i haven`t found any durability issues when using the FTG combo. It looks great on all colors.

I think most FMJ users have already posted, seems like we are few in numbers. I know the reviews on this product may seem like they are getting out of hand, but IMHO it is that good.

I think it would be interesting if someone who hasn`t tried it do a side by side comparison and give a review. There has been some buzz about it. I know it`s expensive so it may be difficult to do, but it is definitly worth it. Or if others suggest a product to test against, maybe a FMJ users can pick up that product and do a review.

Bill D
07-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Well I`m hoping it proves to have great durability, as long as Klasse or Zaino. I guess we have to wait and see. At that point maybe I`ll give it a try after I use all of my SG.

ncal
07-13-2004, 10:06 AM
It sounds like a solid produt but it hasn`t really had much critical testing/experimenting to report. Definately going to play around with it after I finish my Wolfgang.

l33
07-13-2004, 10:19 AM
I wonder how someone could suggest it to guru reports or the roadfly test i saw on here

Bill D
07-13-2004, 01:43 PM
I contacted geekysteve about it, he hasnt tried it as of yet

SVR
07-14-2004, 04:14 AM
OK Guys where can an Aussie get it from besides Classic Motoring Accessories who use UPS who are too expensive

imported_BigBoy
07-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Glad I didn`t waste money on WG.

BillNorth
07-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BigBoy

FMJ is a an awesome product. It`s suppose to have the slippery of zaino, depth of souveran, liquidity of zymol, durability of black fire. Fmj has alot of all 3 with some P21s added. I`ve used souveran & P21s which were excellent products IMO. FMJ is easier to buff than P21s paint cleaner. I`ve have 3 coates on my daily driver. The wash is really thick. VERY PLEASED with this product.

CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!! All aboard the FMJ hype train!!!!!

LOL, no flame intended to you my friend. Just having some fun with your post. You make FMJ sound like gawd`s gift to detailing. I`m not saying it`s bad, or good. I`ll reserve judgement until I try it.

Bill. :D :lol

Dave N
07-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I`m currently trying a side-by-side of FMJ and UPP on the hood of my truck.

Meguiar`s #80 Speed Glaze, PC, orange power pad

FMJ by hand, 1 coat, with MF applicator

UPP by hand, 1 coat, with MF applicator

I used blue masking tape to get a clean line. Right after application the only difference I could tell was that the UPP side was slicker. The FMJ went on and came off very easily; UPP went on easy (probably one of the easiest-to-apply sealants out there), but had some streaking upon removal. I used Sonus QD on both.

After 5 weeks and one wash (I`ve been really busy), I could see absolutely no difference. They both beaded/sheeted the same, and after drying I could feel no difference in slickness. Another week and a QEW showed the same.

I dunno -- I at least figured I`d be able to see some slight difference where I put the tape. I`ve done side-by-side comparisons on my red Tacoma and could always see a difference, even if I couldn`t decide which side looked "better", but with these I really can`t tell any difference.

I did the rest of the truck with #80 and FMJ.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dave N

I`m currently trying a side-by-side of FMJ and UPP on the hood of my truck.

Meguiar`s #80 Speed Glaze, PC, orange power pad

FMJ by hand, 1 coat, with MF applicator

UPP by hand, 1 coat, with MF applicator

I used blue masking tape to get a clean line. Right after application the only difference I could tell was that the UPP side was slicker. The FMJ went on and came off very easily; UPP went on easy (probably one of the easiest-to-apply sealants out there), but had some streaking upon removal. I used Sonus QD on both.

After 5 weeks and one wash (I`ve been really busy), I could see absolutely no difference. They both beaded/sheeted the same, and after drying I could feel no difference in slickness. Another week and a QEW showed the same.

I dunno -- I at least figured I`d be able to see some slight difference where I put the tape. I`ve done side-by-side comparisons on my red Tacoma and could always see a difference, even if I couldn`t decide which side looked "better", but with these I really can`t tell any difference.

I did the rest of the truck with #80 and FMJ.

I haven`t used UPP but I have used FMJ. I found that I had to use hardly any FMJ at all. The bottle should last me a long time.

I was curious...how much UPP did you find that you used compared to the FMJ?