PDA

View Full Version : Where To Find Microfiber Towels ????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

wootang00
05-15-2004, 12:59 AM
ya.. as i have unfortunatley found out.. terry cloth towels leave little white pieces of towel after a wash.. so i was wondering where i could find some microfiber towels locally.. pep boys didnt have em.. =(.. thanx again..

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-15-2004, 01:06 AM
If you don`t mind ordering online, www.pakshak.com, good prices, good selection and most importantly good towels and free shipping to boot.

Just got mine and very happy with them.

2wheelsx2
05-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Pakshak, JT International (he`s on eBay), Autofiber, Autopia Store, Neatitems, etc. etc. are all good online MF vendors. If you want local, you can try Walmart and Costco. They`ll both have them. But the quality is quite poor.

chris0626
05-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Give it up, wootang00! :D While others may disagree with me, I do not believe you can find first-class MFs in the retail stores. We have several great sources of MFs here: PakShak, Autopia store, DFTowel, Microfiber Tech, Poorboys, and a.k.a. Patrick come immediately to mind.

zesty-man
05-15-2004, 01:42 AM
i believe that costco sells some, but im not too sure on the quality of them...

forgot to say pakshak. i can get mf`s from him locally, because i live in hawaii :)

ben54
05-15-2004, 02:43 AM
I sometimes get MF`s in kits I order from the websites listed in the above posts. Figure it comes out cheaper that way, and the MFs are generally pretty good quality.

The Chee
05-15-2004, 03:14 AM
I bought the clearkote twins from Pakshak and he put in some MFs for me as part of the deal, great stuff Ranney has got:up . Do pm Ranney if you are ordering, u might get more than you bargain for ;) . There was a post where someone posted prices for MFs in Pakshak, anyone knows where it is?? I couldn`t find it. I`ll give 5 thumbs up for Ranney`s friendly service ,hehe

Disclaimer:I`m in no way affiliated with Pakshak, I`m in S.E.Asia

ps:Hey Ranney, I still haven`t used the ultra fine MF, too precious:bow :o

roadman
05-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by ben54

I sometimes get MF`s in kits I order from the websites listed in the above posts. Figure it comes out cheaper that way, and the MFs are generally pretty good quality.

I do it this way whenever possible, you get the products for the same price as if you bought them individually and the bonus is usually some MF towels and applicators

Pstone
05-15-2004, 08:49 AM
I saw this company mentioned in another thread as they had a nice selection of quality towels. I bought the 5 pack "Elite" blue tight weaved for polishing and the big blue waffle weave car drying towel to get me started.

I figured this company specializes in micro towels rather than me buying from a company that sells many different car products and just imports some cheap towels and you wind up paying similar prices.

I think they are a site sponser as mentioned above.

Now maybe I won`t find threads hanging from the car the next day. I`ll report back on the quality once they arrive and I try them out. I think my order was around $50 with shipping and no tax.

Paul

Here is the link: http://microfibertech.com/towels.html

P.S. they are also in CA so you might get fast delivery.

The Chee
05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Pstone

I figured this company specializes in micro towels rather than me buying from a company that sells many different car products and just imports some cheap towels and you wind up paying similar prices.

Not 100% true in this case,although some companies sell MF towels beside car products, their MF towels are definitely not of lower quality, I can only vouch for MF I got from PakShak and Autogeek, I especially like the one I got from ps as they are just a little bit plusher (sp?!) than Ag`s:bow

topnotchtouch
05-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Most of my towels come from Ranney at Pakshak but, recently I have also tried the Concours buffing towel from Autopia and even more recently the Ultimate Wipes from Meguiars. Meguiars just come out with a new version that is very plush and edgeless. It is a very high quality towel.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1123

armoredsaint
05-15-2004, 01:10 PM
You will be surprised with the Big Wallyworld Drying MF, only $8 if you can`t wait or autofiber.com or pakshak.com is awesome, great people to deal with. Remember to wash it first and no fabric softener!

The Chee
05-15-2004, 01:11 PM
rjstaaf, how`s d dfconcours towel compare to pakshak?I`m very tempted to get this DF Concours Towel 29 x 16 from

PAC (http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcoto.html) as well as df mfwashmitt since they are having 15% off.

ALAN81
05-15-2004, 01:59 PM
So many suppliers So many good MF towels 2 suppliers I like that were not mentioned Poorboys and Wayne`s towels.Is funny how the prices vary.Pakshak makes a extremly good product with great customer service.Costco sells 12 MF for 8.68 good but not the quality of the others mentioned!

evo77
05-15-2004, 02:20 PM
I`ve had some TW microfiber towels for some time now with no problems. Just picked up some Viking mf towels from Auto Zone. These are pretty nice too.

I`ve been wanting to buy some PakShak towels but I like the convenience of buying stuff locally.