PDA

View Full Version : How many times can you polish 1 vehicle?

jax
05-14-2004, 11:09 PM
How many times can you polish 1 vehicle? Does it eat the clearcoat? does it mess up the paint ?

GoodnClean
05-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Exactly 6 times ;)

Kidding lol. Really it depends on a lot of things, the make of the car, the color, the age of the paint, the method of polishing (hand, PC, rotary) what polish you are using, a lot of different factors.

Generally whenever you REMOVE anything you are also removing paint, it is true that with a rotary buffer you can polish straight through the paint. That is far farless likely to happen with a PC, and far far far less likely to happen by hand.

I generally stick to once a year, maybe twice and perfect my paint care procedure in between to minimize creation of blemishes I`d have to polish out.

I`m almost to a year now and am planning to do my full detail soon. Proud to say I have only a few straightline marrs and some minor minor cobwebbing down near the base of the car where it gets extra dirty. Shouldn`t need more than DACP with a polishing pad and probably only SFP to polish them out.

Nick Chronis
05-15-2004, 07:07 AM
The least amount necessary. After you initially get your car to the pristine condition you expect you`ll know when it needs it. Weather conditions, is it a daily driver etc will determine that. And again only use the least aggressive polish the job requires. Start from mild and move on up to more aggressive if you`re not getting the desired results.