PDA

View Full Version : Some new goodies I am testing

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 08:44 PM
I love it when the UPS truck comes down my street.....even better when she leaves me stuff:bounce I mean even if it`s just a re-stock box of stuff I already have.....just somethin bought opening the box up, searching through the popcorn and newspaper and pulling out all the stuff...anyone else dig that?

It`s like Christmas, and it was Christmas several times this week:D

I have several new Hi-temp products to test, a one step polish/creme wax, which tends to have a slight cleaning ability. It removed the top surface from a Sharpie line but I could not get it to remove all of it.

I was also sent a "medium cut" cleaner/polish, a step above the "Light Cut" in aggressivness. Could be a contender for DACP:doh

And somethin I have been waitin on for a bit now.....a black carnauba paste wax. This is ONLY for clear coats, no single stage applications.

Here is a photo....more products and pics to follow

ben54
05-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Is the cleaner wax the stuff they call Pink Perfection, or is it something new?

Looking forward to the reviews.

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 08:51 PM
I am also testing out a cool all in one type product for leather. It cleans and conditions in one application but the cool thing is that I found out it does a great job on cleaning exterior trim and then leaves behind a nice sheen, and smells great also:up

A pre-spot cleaner, which I already have in the "303" but I am always up for trying new stuff it it turns out better and costs less.

The white liquid is a leather/vinyl conditioner. It seems this will best fit in with pros who offer a wash and wax service. It also seems best suited for protected leathers, not analine.

A QD, which seems to work real nice BUT for you "smell" freaks out there.....don`t expect nothing sweet smelling here. Not that it is a bad smell, more like NO smell. Hi-Temp is a professional company and not a boutique type so they don`t really add alot of scents to their products. It does work nice though. I`ll test it up against the more popular QD`s

Here is a pic..........more to follow

Accumulator
05-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Anthony- I you have a chance, try the Medium Cut with the Cyclo. I imagine it`s really designed for rotary use, but since the HT light cut stuff (can`t remember the name/number :o ) works so well by Cyclo, it might be an option for those without rotaries. Of course, I`d like to hear how it works with the rotary too ;)

Hi-Temp stuff, like products from Pro, can be very good, especially for the money :xyxthumbs

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Next up............a gel liquid gum remover...or better disolver.....

It comes with a neat removing tool that resembles a fish:nixweiss You pour the gel over the gum and watch it disolve, pick up the goo with a towel.

Here is a pic....more to follow

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ben54

Is the cleaner wax the stuff they call Pink Perfection, or is it something new?

Looking forward to the reviews.

Something new:)

I am really excited about these little swabs......and some are very small!

Pic of the swab....check them out, they are cool. Some have a chamois head on theem and can be washed.

More to follow

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 09:10 PM
This is a cool product. It is a trim restorer, not a temporary dressing, but a true dye. It even has a clear coat type sealer that can be applied.

The cleaner that is included is awesome. It removes built up wax in emblems and molding.

Comes with sponges, gloves and a brush.

foris2
05-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I know how you feel Anthony about opening packages that UPS delivers. UPS delivered my new Makita 9227CX3 today - and I can hardly wait to use it. In anticipation of it`s delivery, I pickup the following items from a local distributor yesterday: Meguiar`s #1 Medium Cut Cleaner, #2 Fine Cut Cleaner, #9 Swirl Remover, #7 Show Car Glaze, #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, a 6.5" Velcro backing plate and 3 6.5" foam pads (cutting, polish & finishing pad). And of course the Unigrit sandpaper and backing pad.

I thought it was time for me to have the rotary. I bought a Cyclo Polisher for Christmas and it has been a joy to use - it is really an awesome machine (it even make my job easier when I do carpets and upholesry. If I`m not mistaken, I believe you gave me some tips concerning the Cyclo - any tips on the rotary from anyone.

Foris

:bounce

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Last one...

This is a high end leather cleaning product for analine leathers, nu-buck leathers and protected.

It also has an ink lifter and a blue jean dye remover:xyxthumbs

I am anxious to get this product started.

Last pic

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Anthony- I you have a chance, try the Medium Cut with the Cyclo. I imagine it`s really designed for rotary use, but since the HT light cut stuff (can`t remember the name/number :o ) works so well by Cyclo, it might be an option for those without rotaries. Of course, I`d like to hear how it works with the rotary too ;)

Hi-Temp stuff, like products from Pro, can be very good, especially for the money :xyxthumbs

Sure thing, I`ll also try it by hand and of course with the rotary.

It may be awhile before I post the results but I will post them here again instead of elswhere.

Anthony

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by foris2

I know how you feel Anthony about opening packages that UPS delivers. UPS delivered my new Makita 9227CX3 today - and I can hardly wait to use it. In anticipation of it`s delivery, I pickup the following items from a local distributor yesterday: Meguiar`s #1 Medium Cut Cleaner, #2 Fine Cut Cleaner, #9 Swirl Remover, #7 Show Car Glaze, #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, a 6.5" Velcro backing plate and 3 6.5" foam pads (cutting, polish & finishing pad). And of course the Unigrit sandpaper and backing pad.

I thought it was time for me to have the rotary. I bought a Cyclo Polisher for Christmas and it has been a joy to use - it is really an awesome machine (it even make my job easier when I do carpets and upholesry. If I`m not mistaken, I believe you gave me some tips concerning the Cyclo - any tips on the rotary from anyone.

Foris

:bounce

Hey foris....check out a thread called "Rotary Usage".......sorry but I don`t have the link right now. I think it is in the Professional Forum.

Anthony

foris2
05-14-2004, 09:27 PM
On my way to the the Professional Forum Anthony - Thanks!

Anthony O.
05-14-2004, 10:16 PM
I forgot to mention that I am also testing a product for analine leathers that can fill fine cracks in the leather.

What it does is move the surrounding color into the cracks. Cool eh?

Anthony

Scottwax
05-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Nice selection of products, Anthony. I`ll be awaiting your reviews!

ben54
05-14-2004, 10:37 PM
I can understand how you would be excited with all those great "new" products. Particularly interested in the trim products and leather products. It`s just like Christmas.