PDA

View Full Version : It was just a matter of time....

General Lee
05-14-2004, 08:26 PM
A while back my neighbor and I were talking as this is rare and he mentioned his car got scratched by one of the neighborhood kids. I asked him to let me take a look at it that I may be able to get it out and he said, " thats ok, There is scratches all over it". (this is a 2003 Monte Carlo).

They always see me washing and detailing one of my vehicles but they never say anything to me. I`m sure they say things among one another. The guy with the Monte Carlo, his brother lives with them and he just purchased an 04 Chev. Truck.

The owner of the truck pulled up this afternoon as I was cleaning my Mustang and said, " how`s it going"? do you mind if I ask you a question. ( this guy has only said Hi every now again in passing) I said "sure" My brother said you have some stuff that gets scratches out..... I said I have some basic stuff but I am getting ready to order some more Intense polish for more severe swirls and scratches. He showed me some scratches he would like to have removed but had some Zymol polish he was going to try. I told him I never used but if it doesn`t do the trick he can try my stuff or I will try myself to remove them.....

My Point is that no matter what your neighbors may say and think about all the detailing you do on your cars, sooner or later they will come to inquire about it. Thought I would share that.:up

a.k.a. Patrick
05-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Very true, your own pride and joy will sell itself....I have done many co-workers vehicles and several neighbors.....

Jesstzn
05-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I did a passat today on hearsay and the guy had an appointment scheduled for yesterday with a body shop to have a scratch buffed out. He was quoted $60. I told him to reschedule as I might be able to do it.

A little DACP and TLC and it was gone .. When he went to pay me for the detail .. he threw in $30 for a beer. Said he was glad to split the savings and more so when he found out it took me about 5 min.

This all started from the Bimmer I did 2 weeks ago and the owner seeing me doing mine .. So far its 5 cars later and $650.

EldoradoBill
05-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Same here I`ve done my neighbor`s and co-worker`s cars as well. It`s not only a hobby its a skill and I love it! ;)