PDA

View Full Version : Klasse method-rub in til disappears

MrLoveLoviro
05-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Anyone try this?

I did a full detail on my car yesterday: wash, rotate tires & clean inside of wheels, clean wheel wells, AIO wheels, clay, AIO, then SG.

I remembered an orange pamphlet I got with my klasse that said, Recommended method: Rub on til disappears. So I tried it and today my car looked great. I guess this is technically the BillNorth method, but i did little to no buffing with a MF. I simply rubbed a thin coat of SG with a meguiars foam pad and worked it in until it disappeared. The pad did not get overly soaked either. I checked it over this morning and I only had a few spots that needed buffing where I didn`t make the SG disappear.

Any thoughts?

2wheelsx2
05-14-2004, 05:37 PM
That`s basically what I normally do. I work it until I don`t see any haze, or almost any haze. It seems that if you see any haze when you apply, it`ll be there when wiping off. I do this, and then leave for an hour, and it all buffs off no problem.

When I`m in a pinch, I`ll do the wipe on wipe off, but I like the traditional method better.

MrLoveLoviro
05-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Yeah, the little I had left came off pretty easy. See, the first time I tried Klasse, I tried to apply it like Zaino where you apply it so a really thin film is on the car. Well the Klasse was like plaster to get off, after 1 hour and after leaving it over night, and I wanted to smash my bottle.

This time I just worked it til there was no film, and the process and looks worked out pretty darn good.

BillNorth
05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Yes, that is the way the original old schoolers (beau, Don G, and others) on this board used to apply klasse SG. You have rediscovered an old method. When I woo, I do something similar, except I don`t work it in totally. I find if the product is still a bit wet it is easier to buff off. Glad we`re going back in time. It`s good to see some of that around here.

Bill.

MrLoveLoviro
05-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Cool, old school is good.:up

Thanks Bill!

armoredsaint
05-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Always make sure your applicators are damp and use a MF app, it spreads more evenly. I leave it on 12-24 hours and it removes without a problem. I then use Sonus for a quick wipe just in case I missed any residue.

MrLoveLoviro
05-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Always make sure your applicators are damp and use a MF app, it spreads more evenly. I leave it on 12-24 hours and it removes without a problem. I then use Sonus for a quick wipe just in case I missed any residue.

I use a dry foam app. I don`t like mixing products with water on the app. I just saturate the foam with klasse.