PDA

View Full Version : Prep before S100/#16 Over WG

jonw440
05-14-2004, 11:12 AM
I have one for everybody. I used WG twins (prep and sealant) on my truck (Silver).Actually 3 layers of WG. Now I want to top it with S100 on one side and Meg. #16 on the other(comparison on shine, durability, etc). Should I use SEC before the wax?

roadman
05-14-2004, 02:36 PM
SEC is a cleanser, it may take off some of the WG

I would go straight to the topper wax

tomstin
05-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Wash and dry the car, some QD to make sure it`s good and clean, and go to town.

I added a few layers of Z2 over the WG twins a few weeks back. Can`t see any difference in beading or shine. However, I had to leave the truck outside last night and, with the dew on the truck, you could see the difference. Not sure what that means, but it was obvious which side had the Z.

jonw440
05-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tallman

SEC is a cleanser, it may take off some of the WG

I would go straight to the topper wax

Thats my point. SEC shouldn`t take sealant off.

Sealants are a pain in the butt to remove if you want to add something else.I didn`t try SEC is was just something that came to mind. Lets say its been two weeks after you applied the sealants and now you want to add a wax. You might have bug juice, air Bourne contaminants, etc that wont come off with car wash. But you don`t want to use a heavy polish l;ike IP or FP.

jonw440
05-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Anybody else?

04BlackAV
05-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Maybe a little spot claying on the bug guts and anything else you can see after your wash and just top with the wax.