PDA

View Full Version : QD Spray

Pages : [1] 2

ricksvt
05-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Alright, I am looking for a good detailing spray. I have used the Zaino, and I like that, and I used the Meg`s QD spray, I would rate the Zaino QD 10 times better than the Megs. I want to order some good stuff, whats good now??? I was looking at ordering in a gallon or close to that. Thanks...links are appreciated

Rick

ZaneO
05-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Try a search. I don`t know how many times this can possibly be covered.

ricksvt
05-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the help......I really appreciate it. I have tried the search, I was looking for links to some better stuff....Instead of writing check with the search, you could have writen that sentence with an answer to my question.

Rick

ZaneO
05-13-2004, 11:35 PM
www.clearkote.com

www.wolfgangcarcare.com

http://autopia-carcare.com/meg-m-3416.html

http://properautocare.com/pin-320.html

ricksvt
05-13-2004, 11:42 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the links, really. I thought that forums were here for that reason, I am sorry if I made you mad, but I appreciate your help and the links...one more question if I may, whats the best detailer spray you have used???

Rick

ZaneO
05-13-2004, 11:47 PM
I`ll start over...Welcome to Autopia. :)

I`m not trying to be d!cky, but there are so many places to get information on this site, that you are expected to get the vast majority of answers to these type questions without asking.

My favorites are Zaino Z6 and Wolfgang QD. I haven`t gotten to try Clearkote`s Quik Shine or Meguiar`s Final Inspection yet, but most people that use them, love them. I`ve got some Quik Shine coming next week.

ricksvt
05-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I hope that all is cool. I have the clearkote products, as well as the poorboys EX sealant. I plan on putting it all on the car soon, I just ordered my pc from properautocare.com. Any tips, I just dont want to mess the car up. thanks again for all the help. I might order some wolfgang and some clearkote and see how they turn out. how would you rate that wolfgang over the zaino z6??? As you see in my original post, I think that the Megs quick detail is not good at all, hard to dry up.

Rick

ZaneO
05-13-2004, 11:56 PM
The PC is a great tool and pretty much fool proof. Just take your time with it and have fun.

I think that Z6 has a few more gloss enhancers, but they are very similar.

Do you have Meg`s QD or Meg`s Final Inspection?

ricksvt
05-14-2004, 12:03 AM
its the megs qd. I just dont think that it is as slick as the z6 and doesnt come off as easy....more hazing. I need to clay too, sorry to be a pain, whats good there......thanks for all of your help.

Rick

MattZ28
05-14-2004, 12:18 AM
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tps-clay-f80y.html

:up

imported_Intermezzo
05-14-2004, 03:05 AM
Rick, if you`re looking for a QD that rivals Z-6 in terms of ease of use and slickness of shine, I would try Clearkote`s Quickshine. These two QD`s make most other QD`s seem excessively smeary and difficult to use.

imported_pugoman
05-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Yep, Clearkote QS is an excellent QD. I`ve been using it for a while now and love it... but I`ve just purchased a gallon of Megs Final Detail due to the lower cost. Alot of people on here rave about Final Detail, so it`ll be interesting to see how it compares to QS. I`ll be using it tomorrow after my weekly wash, so I`ll have some sort of an opinion on it then.

maecrispy
05-14-2004, 06:13 AM
To toss in my $0.02:

I`ve used both WG QD and Z-6 extensively now. In general, Z-6 seems to give a slightly slicker feel to the paint and a bit more gloss.

If Z-6 weren`t so expensive, that would probably be my choice. Instead, I got the WG QD gallon size since it`s so much cheaper and almost as good as Z-6.

I too want to try Clearkote`s QS and Meg`s FD but I`m waiting on other`s opinons of it since I still have the gallon of WG QD. I`m especially hoping that Meg`s FD turns out good since I think it`s something like $17/gallon.

ricksvt
05-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I think that Iwill try out the Clearkote, since I have their wax and stuff. Also pugoman, when you try out that final detail, let me know the results....Rick

imported_pugoman
05-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi Rick... tried the FD today - very nice is all I can say! Since the price of FD over here in the UK is £19,GBP for a gallon compared to £10,GBP for just 500ml of QS, I think I`ll be sticking with FD for a while! Goes on and off with ease, very slick and glossy finish and smells great! Couldn`t ask for more really.

I used it today after giving the car a coat of NXT. This is the link to my thread showing a reflection pic...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=354021#post354021