PDA

View Full Version : Ranny`s 24x24 MF towel TOO big!

Pages : [1] 2

turborave
05-13-2004, 11:13 PM
I got a set of 3 24x24 ultra MF towels from Ranny a month or so ago and i find the size of them very difficult to use.. most of my MFs are 16x16 or so. if i dont use them folded up (which doesnt work too good for me) they just fly and flop all over the place..

it would be really bad to cut one in half wouldnt it? there would be loose fibers all over the place i imagine.

i guess there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!

any tips for using HUGE mf towel? i use them for QDing after a wash and wax/smr/polish removal. i find the ones i got from Costco in a pack of 12 to be just the right size.

This is DEFINITELY not a dig on ranny or his product at all, he rocks. it my lack of talent for not knowing what to do with such a large towel.

i use the big blue waffle weave towel with 2 hands for drying and that goes good, and thats a big one too..

armoredsaint
05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Who`s fault was it to order the 24x24? It does work great for removing polish and wax with one towel, just keep folding it.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Use them for the dash and your leather seats if you have them, even if they flop around there it doesn`t take as long so it won`t be as annoying.

I`ve read here that some people prefer the 24`s but to each his own. I prefer the 16`s.

Cutting them in half would not be a good idea, that`s why Ranney sends towels with no labels because I`m assuming they`re peeled off. Ripping labels off his soft towels would be tricky. Taking scissors to them would instantly delegate them to tire detail.

2wheelsx2
05-14-2004, 01:12 AM
I don`t know. I like to use all my MF`s folded into quarters so that I can always flip to a clean side. Try using it folded into quarters, maybe you`ll get used to it?:nixweiss

zesty-man
05-14-2004, 01:23 AM
yea, thats what i like to do. i like to fold it up so its in fourths, then i just keep flipping sides. maybe next time you should order some 16s :)

panapower
05-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

Ripping labels off his soft towels would be tricky. Taking scissors to them would instantly delegate them to tire detail.

the word you want to use here is RELEGATE ;) but yes... it would a total loss to cut those things in half.

04BlackAV
05-14-2004, 07:50 AM
I personally like the 24 x 24 for removing polish on a large vehicle,they don`t load up as quickly as the smaller sizes.

turborave
05-14-2004, 08:16 AM
i must learn!! these towels are great!

jasonatv22
05-14-2004, 08:49 AM
I can`t really see the need for a towel larger than 16x16 either. I do the double fold method, so I`ve got an 8x8 surface x8 flips to work with. But even with the double fold, a 24x24 makes you have a 12x12, a foot by a foot. That`s too big for me.

Use them on really big cars. Donate them to needy NBA players who need big stuff.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by PanaPower

the word you want to use here is RELEGATE ;) but yes... it would a total loss to cut those things in half.

Cut me some slack, I was in a hurry and the R and D are really close to each other on the keyboard and I got big fingers . :o

imported_eggroll
05-14-2004, 02:03 PM
I love the 24`s for quick detailing, don`t have to use as many towels.

tom p.
05-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I don`t like the huge towels either...not even for (WW) drying. I bought several of Ranney`s WW drying towels and also a set from DavidB who has the smaller size available. I use one large and one small for drying a car...seems just right.

thinksnow
05-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Cut me some slack

I think you meant to say "Cut me some slack, Jack." :D

PakShak
05-14-2004, 02:52 PM
:bow

"It`s Aloha Friday, no work till Monday..."

Have a nice weekend all.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

imported_Intermezzo
05-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I like the 24`s from Pakshak primarily because most MF induced marring comes from the edges or corners of the towels and the larger sized ones, even when folded into 4ths, allow for plenty of room between your hand and the edges.