PDA

View Full Version : Cool Cyclo Trick, PC Can`t Do

Anthony O.
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
This is a really unique and cool trick that one can use with their Cyclo.

It takes a bit getting used to but in a nutshell you put on with one pad and remove with the next. This works well when applying final polishes, waxes and/or sealants.

What you need is a diaper bonnet, placed over either a foam Cyclo pad or the wool Cyclo pad. Then on the other pad holder you place a white foam pad.

Like this

Anthony O.
05-13-2004, 08:15 PM
On the white foam pad you apply your product. The key is to use a small drop of product and then place the Cyclo on the paint and if your foam pad is on the left pad holder then you will move the Cyclo across the paint to the left.

The foam pad applies while the diaper bonnet removes, like I said it takes a little practice but after awhile you will be doing it with your eyes closed.

Anthony O.
05-13-2004, 08:17 PM
It has been raining here all week so when it dries out I`ll try and post a picture of this in use.

Anthony

dcswd
05-13-2004, 08:24 PM
thats really cool. Would this method not work for waxes that need more time to haze/set?

Scottwax
05-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Rainy days leave you a lot of free time, eh Anthony?

We got rain late this afternoon, only had an interior detail to do today. Supposed to be clearing out by early morning, going to have a very busy next few weeks!

Anthony O.
05-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by dcswd

thats really cool. Would this method not work for waxes that need more time to haze/set?

You can move the CP real slow if need be but this particular method is best used with waxes like Trade Secret, S100 or even FMJ or WG sealants.

It is real cool to use if you are just doing a spruce up on say the fender or trunk with a one-step cleaner/wax.

Scott-

Yeah, we had some local flooding down here. Some streets had water across their whole width, couldn`t even see the curbs:shocked

We should dry out tomorrow........I hope!

Anthony

Accumulator
05-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey Anthony- that`s a cool tip :xyxthumbs Heh heh, and another example of how I can *always* learn something new! Next time I put Souveran on something, I`m gonna give that a try.

foris2
05-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Anthony, that`s really neat - I`m gonna have to try that. Neat tip!

:up