PDA

View Full Version : Deep Crystal System equivalents?

PFDarkside
05-13-2004, 04:00 PM
I have a PC on its way, and I`ve been searching the forums endlessly looking for a good proceedure for my T/A. I was thinking that I still have a half a bottle of each of the three steps of the Deep Crystal system, and why waste them...

So, to get some practice and use up product, I think I`ll do my brother`s and parent`s cars first using the DC products. My question is, what are the equivalents in the Professional series, with respect to both abrasivness and type of product? I`m guessing none of the three will really work as a swirl mark remover and I`ll need something a bit stronger, followed by these three?

Webb
05-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Happy memorial day (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=659)

topnotchtouch
05-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Step1 of the Deep Crystal system is basically a chemical cleaner. It is going to be more effective on oxidation than swirls or scratches. If you are looking for something you can find easily in auto parts stores than maybe take a look for Meguiars Body Scrub Paint Cleaner. It is an abrassive cleaner that should be more effective on light swirls and scratches.

Other than that take a look at the link to meguiarsonline.com that webb posted.

Mike_Phillips
05-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Hey Webb,

Thanks for digging that post up and sharing the link, I forgot I even wrote that reply!

Mike

PFDarkside
05-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Well, my Body shop line products have since arrived and I`ve already used #9, #81, #26.

Mike_Phillips
06-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by PFDarkside

Well, my Body shop line products have since arrived and I`ve already used #9, #81, #26.

How did it turn out?

Mike

Scottwax
06-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by PFDarkside

If you need to get more aggressive than #9, go with #80 or #83.

imported_rusty bumper
06-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

If you need to get more aggressive than #9, go with #80 or #83.

Which do you like the best?

80 or 83?

Webb
06-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Hey Webb,

Thanks for digging that post up and sharing the link, I forgot I even wrote that reply!

Mike

:xyxthumbs

PFDarkside
06-03-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

How did it turn out?

Mike

Overall, it turned out very good. I was just getting the feel for the PC, so I didn`t want to go more aggressive than #9. I guess my goal was to try it out on just a section of the car and see how it looked. It was so easy that I couldn`t stop myself and I finished the whole car. ;)

I have #83 and I need to go back over the entire car with it when I get a chance. But until then the #9 and #81 did a very good job of filling most of the swirls.

I love the #26, btw. Very easy to use, I was suprised. I want to get a tin of #16 to see what I can do with that. :)

Scottwax
06-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by rusty bumper

Which do you like the best?

80 or 83?

It`s a toss-up, really. I like them both a lot, I can go straight from either one to a last step product if needed.