PDA

View Full Version : How to remove hazing/film on inside of windshield?

Pages : [1] 2

qwik
05-13-2004, 11:38 AM
I did a search but didn`t come up with must useful info. I have a typical haze/film effect on the inside of the windshield, normal glass cleaner with a MF usually leave streaking and suck, anyone have a good procedure to irradicate this film while detailing?

imported_Luster
05-13-2004, 11:50 AM
The film on the inside of your windows is caused by "outgassing" of the plastic and vinyl components of your interior.

Outgassing is also what emits the "new car smell"....

I use two MF towels. One with warm water, turning frequently. The other dry and buff after washing with the damp MF.

Works great for me.

I have also had success with EO 20/20, but clear water seems to work best.

imported_SVT4ME
05-13-2004, 11:58 AM
P21S windsheild wipes also work great!

Jesstzn
05-13-2004, 12:03 PM
I do the same as Luster .. sometimes if there is a lot I will pre-clean with windex then do the proceedure he uses.

armoredsaint
05-13-2004, 12:10 PM
You may want to look at what protectant your using too, some causes more film on your windshield than others.

togwt
05-13-2004, 12:17 PM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Glass Cleaning (mequiresonline)

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1115

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

SuperShine
05-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Detailer`s Pride Glass Restorer works on everything that keeps the glass from being crystal clear. It does the work without having to rub or scrub very hard.

n2_space
05-13-2004, 01:30 PM
I use a MF and EO 20/20 on the outside, and SIG on the inside (simply because EO runs too easily). Take one side of the MF and dry, polish with the other side. Filp over for one more use, then it`s done. Works great for me :)

maypo
05-13-2004, 09:28 PM
I have had good luck with Stoners Glass Cleaner and a MF towel turned and folded frequently.

ben54
05-13-2004, 10:41 PM
This may be wrong, but I`ve used cleaner waxes with carnuba on the inside of my windshields for years.

General Lee
05-14-2004, 03:50 AM
I use Stoners Invisible Glass, so far I think this stuff is great!

togwt
05-14-2004, 07:02 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Ben54 this is a new one on me, I guess it must work for you though. Do you have any problems with road film (brought in via the ac system) adhereing to the wax?

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

Nick Chronis
05-15-2004, 08:28 AM
A buddy of mine suggested the suede microfibers. He says he actually uses it with just water and it takes everything away. Also if you garage your car you may want to leave the windows open so the gasses can escape and you can minimize the film.

kiwi133
05-15-2004, 12:16 PM
I have started useing only a clean dry MF, I just pull it slowley along the glass (it really grabs the glass when dry) and all film just kinda disapears. Works better than anything I have ever tried, is impossible for it to streak, and calms my phobia of getting window cleaner on the dash.

Antonio Wright
05-16-2004, 08:29 AM
Well I went out and bought the Meg`s Glass Cleaner Concentrate and I am still getting getting the horrible film. No matter what I do under certain lighting conditions I can see it. If the temps changes in the car you can start seeing the horrible fog on the front and rear windows.

Another thing is I can see the stickers from when the car was on the lot. That all happens when the windows fog up. I consider myself a pretty okay detailer but before I start working on other peoples car I need to get this window thing down. I have spent loads of money on these "ultra plush microfibers," etc, and all I get is the same thing. Nasty looking smear marks. I really, really need help on this one..