PDA

View Full Version : Stoners MSLT or Trimshine on W.Wells?

Sirslap2
05-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Which one should I use on the wheel wells?

There is a sale up here in Canuckland - basically free after rebate.

The can says keep away from brake pads etc so I am a little freaked about spraying it in thw wheel well area:scared

wash-girl
05-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Don`t be afraid of the wheel well area--just don`t coat your brake pads with it!

Either product should work fine--I actually see them as interchangeable and have gotten great results on my tires with the Trim Shine and on trim with the MSLT.

My favorite, for wheel wells, is foam tire cleaner/dressing, like Bleche-White or Black Magic tire foams--cheap and effective.

imported_Luster
05-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ZJ JIM 96

My favorite, for wheel wells, is foam tire cleaner/dressing, like Bleche-White or Black Magic tire foams--cheap and effective.

I agree. I clean the wheel wells with Simple Green, let soak, then lightly scrub with a long-handle tire brush.

Rinse and saturate with Tire Foam.

15 minutes later, they look like new.

DaGonz
05-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Deemo

Which one should I use on the wheel wells?

There is a sale up here in Canuckland - basically free after rebate.

The can says keep away from brake pads etc so I am a little freaked about spraying it in thw wheel well area:scared

Take a large plastic trash bag.

Make a slit in one side.

Drape over the wheel.

Spray MSLT or Trim shine to your little heart`s content! :D

Bill D
05-13-2004, 01:23 PM
I`ve become a big advocate of Mop n Glo floor shine or its generic equivalent. I`ll be replacing my Engine Kote with it when it evntually runs out. This stuff does not attract dust and holds up through some bad weather. :up

BTW, I just tested Engine Kote on my laundry room floor, it shines it just like Mop n Glo. Only difference i see between the two other than color and scnet is MnG has soap that lifts away dirt from the floor while EK is just straight shine