PDA

View Full Version : Question for UPP users (How many coats? topped it?

Alexaris
05-13-2004, 10:11 AM
How many coats of UPP?

Are you topped it with a Wax?

Right now I got 3 coats on 1 car and 2 coats on the other, I was planing to do 4 coats each and then after a month topped it with P21s, what do you think.

Accumulator
05-13-2004, 10:38 AM
I felt I hit the point of diminishing returns after three coats, but I did like refreshing it with another coat every month or so. For that reason, I decided *not* to top it.

EBPcivicsi
05-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I felt I hit the point of diminishing returns after three coats, but I did like refreshing it with another coat every month or so. For that reason, I decided *not* to top it.

Same here, three seems to be the magic number.

2wheelsx2
05-13-2004, 11:37 AM
I never got to 3 coats, except on the hood. :)

I liked the look of UPP so much, I never topped it.

Gadfly
05-13-2004, 12:46 PM
UPP v.3 is great stuff! I have gone through several iterations on my black Santa Fe. UPP v.3 is fantastic! Two coats plus UPP detailing spray really makes the car SHINE!

First was UPP v.2. Second was PB EX. Third was NXT Tech Wax. Everyone looked better that the previous application. I was really impressed with NXT. (Here again, the "dujure" effect.) UPP v.3 is my product of choice. Topped off with either QS, FD or UPPs spray, the car looks GOOD!

Call me fickle, but UPP v.3 tops the list.

Alexaris
05-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the info, so I think is better if I stay with just 3, top it with spray and maybe in a couple of months a coat of P21s

How would I know with version of UPP I got, any thoughts

Gadfly. How many coats

By the way this is how my car looks with 3 coats

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/11450uppx2_9_sms.jpg

2wheelsx2
05-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Alexaris

[B]How would I know with version of UPP I got, any thoughts

If yours is under the 4 Star label, you got version 3. The first 2 versions were under the Platinum label. The first version smelled more like chemicals. The second one had a pleasant fragrance (can`t remember what it is now)