PDA

View Full Version : Klasse fans...what car wash do you like?

ArvinC
05-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Hello again everyone!

Just finished applying my fifith coat of Klasse SG last night on my 3 month old RX-8. As is the case, the shine and reflectivity really is outstanding...hope to post some pics soon!

But, as I was applying the SG, I got to thinking: Are there any car washes/soaps out there that tend to do "better" with the Klasse treatment? I`m concerned mostly with not stripping any SG layers off and in getting to a "just applied SG" like look after washing and drying, just in case I don`t have the time for a Quick-Detail spritz or full-on SG application.

Currently, my detail kit consists of: Klasse AIO and SG, Zymol Detail spray, Maguires Hot carwash (cheap stuff, but nice), Armour All, Eagle One A2Z (great stuff and cheap!) and dry with a synthetic chamois.

Thanks for any help or suggestions! :D

Arvin

spotter
05-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Personally I use QEW or Eagle One on Klasse twins but I doubt very seriously if any will affect the durability of SG. You should be good to go for at least 6 months.

I do have a big preference of QuikShine QD on Klasse. Quikshine has great gloss, is very slick, and SG can be layered over it without any problems.

Congratulations on your ride. I wanted an RX8 really bad but was devastated when I sat in one last June and realized I did not have enough head room so I opted for a M/T Accord. They just don`t make cars that are fun to drive that tall people with long torsos can fit in.

BillNorth
05-13-2004, 08:50 AM
One of the missing links in the Klasse line is a compatible carwash. If you are looking for a carwash that will do for klasse what z6 does for zaino, you will not find it. I personally use Mothers California Gold carwash and have no problems. Though it doesn`t give me that just SG`d look.

ArvinC
05-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by OutlawTitan

I do have a big preference of QuikShine QD on Klasse. Quikshine has great gloss, is very slick, and SG can be layered over it without any problems.

Thanks for the compliment on my car...someone your height may have to go the Italian route, may I suggest a Ferrari or Lambo? :cool:

Anyway, concerning the use of QD sprays...I never thought about how SG may or may not lay atop them properly. Is it safe to assume that a good wash removes ALL of the QD layer off the car?

Thanks for any info...

Arvin

ArvinC
05-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by BillNorth

One of the missing links in the Klasse line is a compatible carwash. If you are looking for a carwash that will do for klasse what z6 does for zaino, you will not find it. I personally use Mothers California Gold carwash and have no problems. Though it doesn`t give me that just SG`d look.

First off, than you for the great info you`ve given me (and the rest of the Forums) on Klasse...your Klasse methods have been the only ones I`ve ever tried and I`ve always gotten outstanding results! :up

My questions to you now concerns Zanio. First off, are Klasse and Zanio similar in any aspects? Secondly, in your experience, how does the "Zanio-ed look" compare to the Klasse treatment? The reason I ask is that there are A LOT os Zanio fans at a car forum I belong to (RX-8 Club (http://www.rx8club.com/)) who have made the switch from Klasse and other treatments. On-line pics look very similar...want to know if there is a "see-it-for-yourself" difference.

Thanks for your info! :xyxthumbs

Arvin

Jesstzn
05-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Arvin I have used and have both. Zaino is a lot more finikie to use and the shine is more candied looking than Klasse. Klasse to me was a little deeper looking. Keep in mind I have black.

Zaino is also a PITA if you have to do any touch up polishing because of the additive mixing.

Klasse is also a PITA to apply on black cuz of the haze that remains even with the WOO method.

Currenly I use Zaino .. when it runs out .. I`m not sure if I will reorder.

Bill D
05-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Klasse is also a PITA to apply on black cuz of the haze that remains even with the WOO method.

Yes, I noticed this too :( so I stopped applying after about 15 or so coats :eek: So now I only reapply AIO and SG in spots if I notice any marring that I polish out first

BillNorth
05-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Arvin,

You`re very welcome. I`m glad to help out!

I haven`t used zaino but I can still answer some of your questions.

Q: Are Klasse and Zanio similar in any aspects?

They are similar in the sense that they are both synthetic sealants. Application and removal, as well as scope of the product lines is different. Zaino does not have a pre-sealant product like AIO in its arsenal. Some Z users here still use AIO prior to starting the Z process. Conversely, Klasse does not have a swirl hiding product like z5. Though some SG users have claimed that multiple layers can hide swirls. I have not seen this myself.

Q: How does the "Zanio-ed look" compare to the Klasse treatment?

I agree with you, online pics do in fact look very similar. As Jess has said, klasse should give a bit (very minimal though) deeper shine. This is because klasse is not optically clear. Adding layers will slightly darken and tint the finish. On the other hand, Zaino z2 is 99% optically clear. It should produce more of a glass like look.

Both are good products with impeccable reputations here. You will not go wrong with either one.

Bill.

beastie
05-13-2004, 10:03 AM
I use GC by itself usually. Lately, I`ve been using EO wash with about a half capful of AIO mixed in to the wash bucket. It seems to kill the suds but the car comes out very slick and shiny after just the wash. Using a QD (Sonus or EO) after a wash didn`t improve much on the finish, if at all.

If you`re using ZYmol Field Glaze as a QD, it has carnauba. SG won`t stick to good to it.

andriver
05-13-2004, 10:03 AM
I like Megs Gold Class with Klasse. GC is cheap and available everywhere plus it works well.

imported_Malachi
05-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Megs Gold Class looks great on SG and as for a QD I use Megs Final Detailer. Both leave the car looking just finished.

Accumulator
05-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ArvinC

Are there any car washes/soaps out there that tend to do "better" with the Klasse treatment? I`m concerned mostly with not stripping any SG layers off and in getting to a "just applied SG" like look after washing and drying, just in case I don`t have the time for a Quick-Detail spritz or full-on SG application.

I just *love* using Griot`s Car Wash on my Klassed vehicles. Even when I mix it up pretty strong, it does *NOT* strip the SG. I only use Klasse on the "beaters", and they get *dirty*. Washing with the GG`s Car Wash, I get well over six months out of my SG (it`s going on about *ten* months on the MPV, still beading great even after winter) and the great lubricity helps prevent wash-induced marring. Switching to this wash was one of the biggest improvements I have made in my detailing regimen; it just amazes me how little marring I get (even with BHBs!) and how well my LSPs hold up. My previous fave was Pinnacle, but it was sorta harsh on my LSP; Meg`s #62 is another good one, but I still prefer the Griot`s. IMO, going to a *good* shampoo is well worth the $.

ArvinC
05-13-2004, 11:04 AM
...the info, everyone. I`m glad I stuck with Klasse instead of switching to Zanio. I was contemplating the switch, but glad I didn`t since I do prefer the deep look vs. a glassy-type shine. Also thanks for the info about what car washes everyone uses...it seems to me that Klasse is very tolerant of any "good" wash.

I`ve tried Griots, Eagle One, Mother`s and Maguire`s washes...figured while I`m at it, I might as well try P21s, Sonnax, Menzerna, etc., etc., etc...... :p

Arvin

jonw440
05-13-2004, 11:08 AM
SONAX Gloss shampoo makes the Klasse twins "sparkle"

BUT, we can no longer get Sonax in the US.:angry :angry :angry

I am down to my last bottle and it`s "half full":scared

In the mean time I really like Menzerna.

I don`t know what I will do if I run out of Sonax. I haven`t used it since the importation/ distribution problems. I just leave it on its illuminated pedestal and admire............................

2wheelsx2
05-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by ArvinC

Currently, my detail kit consists of: Klasse AIO and SG, Zymol Detail spray, Maguires Hot carwash (cheap stuff, but nice), Armour All, Eagle One A2Z (great stuff and cheap!) and dry with a synthetic chamois.

You might consider getting some Sonus QD. It has some of the same polymer technology as SG in it, so will give you that "just Klassed" look. For shampoo, I am like BillNorth, I have been using Mother`s. Good wash, but it does not spruce up the Klasse. You might consider getting some clay and waffle weave towels for your kits. There is a MF special in the Autopia store rightn now (20% off, but I just recently stocked up) and then you can get some clay bars and the Sonus QD at the same time to save on shipping.