PDA

View Full Version : WG Sealant over...?

scottabir
05-13-2004, 02:55 AM
Ok in light of a recent and long 5 page thread going about WG sealant I thought I would start a new trhread rather than make people scroll through 5 pages of well not much information.

so here it goes: Just out of curiosity what have people used before applying WG...example Menzerna FP, #82, VM ect ect.?

Maybe some of us that have had bad experiences used a product not suitable to be underneath it?

Any inoput is greatly appreciated, I like the looks of this product from some of the pictures I have seen and would like to give it a fair shot on my car.

Thanks,

Scott

oldblu
05-13-2004, 05:17 AM
I have been useing the Wolfgang Prewax before the sealant and have had just great results. I have tryed a lot of sealants Blackfire,Zaino, Klasse just to name a few and I think the Wolfgang twins gives me the best results. I always keep shaking the bottle and put on a very thin layer of sealant. I cover the complete car then wipe it off with a microfiber towel .

Also Jason @ autogeek told me for best results not to put on the sealant late in the day if the car is going to sit outside. It takes a few hours for the sealant to set up and it should be in a dry area. So no washing til the next day and dampness,due,and rain will affect the outcome. Jason thanks for the info.:xyxthumbs

roadman
05-13-2004, 05:32 AM
I asked this same ? a week ago and the recommendation was that AIO was the way to go. I will be trying it this weekend

unclearty
05-13-2004, 06:03 AM
The first time I tried WG, I polished with 1Z MP..then applied AIO with a finish pad at low speed..removed and applied WG Gloss. It looked amazing, but I thought I really didn`t give WG a fair shake, so 2 weeks later, I re-polished with 1Z, then the WG Precleaner, then WG Gloss. Again it was very impressive...although I think I preferred the AIO treatment better. Very hard to say..I guess I just felt better knowing the AIO was underneath for protection. Both methods work well.

Scott P
05-13-2004, 07:26 AM
I used SSR2 on my car first. I then used the WG Pre-Cleaner followed by one coat of the sealant.

Boosta
05-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by bmax

Also Jason @ autogeek told me for best results not to put on the sealant late in the day if the car is going to sit outside. It takes a few hours for the sealant to set up and it should be in a dry area. So no washing til the next day and dampness,due,and rain will affect the outcome. Jason thanks for the info.:xyxthumbs

Interesting...I guess that`s probably why I have gotten about 2 weeks of beading with WG. When I applied the sealant, it was pretty late. Will have to try a different time next time. Thanks!

membim
05-13-2004, 10:09 AM
I`ve had great luck applying the WG sealant after SSR1, SSR2, GPEC, and the WG polish.

imported_speedracer
05-14-2004, 08:36 AM
The best results I have gotten with my experimenting is the WG twins then a layer of Pinnacle Souveran Paste on top !!

Iceman40
05-14-2004, 09:46 AM
I usually use dacp(#83), mern ip,fp and then the wolfgang twins when i get ready for a show....:up