PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite sealant?

Pages : [1] 2

chrisd
05-13-2004, 02:40 AM
What is your favorite sealant?

(I apologize for re-doing this poll, but I totally forgot about UPP, which should be on the list. Unfortunately, I`m only allowed 8 choices, so I have to nix one of them. I picked Glanz -- sorry Glanz users, but the field is getting very crowded these days!)

imported_Malachi
05-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Maybe GW users can start a write in campaign :)

thinksnow
05-13-2004, 09:52 AM
IRONIC! Last night, I voted for GW because UPP wasn`t included in the list. I guess you could say I voted for GW before you made me vote against it.

andriver
05-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I like 1Z Glanz Wax as well as Klasse.

Alexaris
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Right now the best results I got is UPP X3

Gadfly
05-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Ah, the power of the latest sealant dujure! This poll taken at other times would have probably resulted in Blackfire, EX, EX-P, Meg`s #20 and so on.

Scottwax
05-13-2004, 10:32 AM
I have too many that I like to just pick one. Wolfgang, EX-P, NXT, #20, UPP....they all have their place.

paco
05-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey Scott,

I noticed lately you have been using or talking much about Final Polish. Curious as to why? You were getting incredible results from it, durability seemed to be awesome and application seemed pretty easy. I was actually very tempted to pick some based on how well it was working for you.

Is it still in your trunk or do you feel Wolfgang/EX/Klasse etc. are better products?

Paco

Scottwax
05-13-2004, 11:12 AM
paco-I still like Car Polishes Final Polish but ran out and just haven`t ordered more. I just have so much stuff on hand right now it doesn`t make sense at this point to get something else. Real nice product though and I think Brian (NYdetailer) still sells it on his site, although I could be wrong. It is a good product to use when you want to lightly polish and protect the paint in one step, or to use after a heavier polish without having to use a glaze first.

maecrispy
05-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I too like several that I find it hard to choose just one. WG, AIO/SG, and EX-P are my current favs (although I`ll admit I`ve done less than 20 cars so far.) It really depends on the color I`m working on and the type of paint.

What surprises me though is that the most popular one on the list so far is the one I like the *least*... Zaino.

It just has the wrong look for me... `thin` is the best way I can describe it. When I see a car with Zaino (especially black), I think `shrinkwrap`.

Strange though that I seem to buy just about everything else Sal sells. :o

paco
05-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Personally, I think Zaino has such a following because of it`s durability. Since I only get to take care my mother`s Z24 every 4-6 months. At least I have piece of mind with Zaino on there.

She`s probably the got the best looking, flawless paint finish of any 50+ year old women.

Plus, so many people now have grey/silver/light beige cars, that Zaino does give it the extra pop on light coloured vehicles. I personally don`t mind the Zaino look on dark car either. It has a really nice glow to them at night under lights. During the day it can be a bit over reflective but hey, park it next to the neighbours and WOW.

Kleanride
05-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I totally dig Klasse, but Wolfgang is a close 2nd! (which reminds me, I have pics to post!)

Soarer V
05-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Recently I have NXT on, before that the car only had EX-P on which I really like on black. Both have differnt looks on black.

chrisd
05-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by paco

Personally, I think Zaino has such a following because of it`s durability. Since I only get to take care my mother`s Z24 every 4-6 months. At least I have piece of mind with Zaino on there.

Yep, Zaino is right out there in front, despite not having all the publicity that new products generate. I guess it`s tried and true. I would have thought BF, and FMJ in particular, would have been a little more popular. Both very good products IMO. The only ones I haven`t tried yet are UPP and EX-P, but hope to soon.

Scottwax
05-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Soarer V

Recently I have NXT on, before that the car only had EX-P on which I really like on black. Both have differnt looks on black.

Yes they do. Funny thing, your car and a black truck that were at the Autopia/Meguiars meet had EX-P and I recognized the look immediately. EX-P has a super clear look and NXT looks deeper and darker.