PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable help

Biff Webster
05-13-2004, 02:39 AM
well i am wanting to get a PC 7424 with the removable pads. I need some help deciding what to get and where to get it for cheap. I was lookin at coastaltool.com and saw it had that bonus stuff, does that allow me to change pads or do i need something else? Any suggestions as to what i should get would be greatly appreciated, i also need to know where to get the pads. I was thinkin a few white, orange and black pads, does this sound ok or do i need something else? thanks guys.

Kyle

scottabir
05-13-2004, 03:12 AM
any kit you get that has a velcro backing plate allows for switching pads. I have the 7336 that has the heavier counter weight already attached. If I remember right coastal tools was one of the cheapest places to get the PC. The colors you mentioned for the pads really has no relevance unless you know what manufacturer they are from. *I* would suggest you get a couple each of cutting, polishing, finishing, if money is getting tight *I* would get more polishing and finishing pads rather than cutting pads, but that is just my humble opinion.

I get my pads from meguiars. They have a nice little package of 3 pads 2 polishing and 1 finishing for $24.99. LC also makes some nice pads that I enjoy too.

Most of the online stores carry pads for the PC. If you want to stay local most body shops will be able to order them for you and have them the next day.

Biff Webster
05-13-2004, 03:15 AM
what is the advantage of the heavier counterweight?

scottabir
05-13-2004, 03:57 AM
using the heavier counterweight with the bigger pads reduces vibrations tremedously when operating the machine.

scottabir
05-13-2004, 03:59 AM
the 7336 and the 7424 are the same machine except for the counterweight by the way.

Biff Webster
05-13-2004, 04:02 AM
i see on coastaltool.com they include the 5 and 6" counterweights so im just gonna go ahead and get that. Thanks for your help.

scottabir
05-13-2004, 04:10 AM
no problem. Have fun with your new toy :)

imported_CARFREAK
05-13-2004, 04:19 AM
Why don`t you buy it right here?Autopia has the PC7424 kit complete with a velcro backing plate,three different pads and superb instructions at a super price.The service is astonishingly good!

I bought mine from here and look where I am!

Best thing is, I love checking out this site and because I bought from here,I never have the guilts asking for assistance.Sure I could`ve shopped all over the internet and maybe saved a few bucks but I have total peace of mind knowing that I have pads and accessories that work and the absolute best support if I need it.

Get it right first time,buy from Autopia!