PDA

View Full Version : upp/blackfire/wg

Pages : [1] 2

david911
05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
I`m looking for a new sealant and I`ve narrowed down to three upp,blackfire or wolfgang.I think the looks and ease of application is going to help me make my purchase.Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks-dave

Corey Bit Spank
05-12-2004, 08:51 PM
What color are you going to be using it on?

UPP has good overall results, not stunning

Blackfire has very good results, but hard to work with

Wolfgang has very good results, and is easy to work with

EX-P is my favorite. :)

david911
05-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Its black.Sorry whats ex-p:nixweiss

maypo
05-12-2004, 09:01 PM
The handy Autopia Acronym guide suggests that it is....

Poorboy`s World EX Pure Sealant

Corey Bit Spank, please correct me if I am wrong....

I copied the acronyms to a text document and I can easily search for the translations while I am reading the threads.....

OC S2K
05-12-2004, 09:06 PM
You are correct.

I have not used Blackfire or UPP so I cannot comment on those. WG is very slick and easy to apply. I like the shine, it`s in-between a deep/wet look. Has a bit of both.

tguil
05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I`ve used BLACKFIRE on my black Dodge Hemi with great results. I stayed completely within the BLACKFIRE family -- shampoo, polish, sealant and QD. I got over sixth months of very satisfactory results.

Right now I`m using NXT Tech Wax and Spray Wax. I`m getting great results with it too. I`m not sure about NXT`s durability. It`s been on the truck about six weeks.

Both products look great on black. I do not top with a carnauba wax. Why bother? Another coat of a quality sealant will last a lot longer and will look just fine on a daily driver.

Tom :cool:

BillNorth
05-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Right now I`ll say neither of the products. If you want something tried, tested, and true, go with klasse or zaino. If you want more warmth or depth, top either with a carnuba.

I`ll be using WG in the next little while. Come next april I`ll be able to tell if it can hang with the big boys. But until then...

Bill.

adjulian
05-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Good to see a fellow 996. I have UPP on my seal gray C2 now and think it looks great. I have WG on my wife`s car and it looks great. I haven`t used BF so I can`t comment.

To me personally, it`s all about personal preference. Both UPP and WG, in my opinion are both easy to use and both end up looking great. But PREPPING your paint properly first is the biggest key.

If your paint is prepped properly, i.e. wash, clay, no swirls, etc. any of the products that you are talking about are going to look great!

david911
05-12-2004, 09:22 PM
I have sg and tried the wo/wo method and I couldn`t get it off

BillNorth
05-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by david911

I have sg and tried the wo/wo method and I couldn`t get it off

Really??? I`m surprised. How many ounces of SG did you use for each coat? SG can be a bear to buff off if applied thick. The layer should be so thin that you can barely see it.

Did you use the WOO method exactly as outlined, or did you deviate form it? I ask because people have PM`d me with their WOO problems, and after investigation I`ve found that they changed things up a bit. For instance, one person applied SG to the whole car then buffed. That`s not really WOO. Someone else applied it to three panels and then went back and buffed the first off. Again, not WOO. If SG is left to dry it will become difficult to get off.

Give me some more details of your experience and maybe we can clear things up. You already have a great product in your possession, mind as well use it up.

Bill.

david911
05-12-2004, 09:42 PM
First I got the applicator damp with water,then put a dime size drop on it.Then wiped it back and forth on about a 1/4 of my hood.And finally tried to wipe it off.some of it came off but I had some patches that didn`t.Also i used AIO before SG.

adjulian
05-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Agreed - Klasse is also a great product that I have not had any application problems with at all. I`ve used Bill`s method and it works great. If you already have Klasse on your shelf use it!

Zaino is another product I have had on my 996 and the product is great. Great look and very durable.

Check out my gallery if you want to see some pics with UPP and some with Zaino on my 996.

BillNorth
05-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by david911

First I got the applicator damp with water,then put a dime size drop on it.Then wiped it back and forth on about a 1/4 of my hood.And finally tried to wipe it off.some of it came off but I had some patches that didn`t.Also i used AIO before SG.

So far so good. Sounds like you did ok. Did you apply it in direct sun? What was the temperature like when you did apply it? Wwas it very humid outside? I`ve found that humidity can play a large role in how a product reacts.

Bill.

david911
05-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I live in arizona but it wasn`t too hot yet maybe 75 and we don`t see much humidity,but it was rainy that week .This was applied at night in my garage.

BillNorth
05-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Hmmmmm, interesting. The only thing I do differently from you is that I would have applied the dime size drop to half the hood as opposed to 1/4 of it. Spreading it out over a further distance would have applied it thinner. Maybe try that and see how it goes. Like I said before, super thin coats are good for SG.

Bill. :up