PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #16 or NXT?

CarKrazy
05-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi guys,

I have finished my bottle of Z1+Z2 and I plan to try something new.

I`m currently deciding between Meguiars #16 and NXT, which one will provide a better shine, protection and ease of application/removal?

Does #16 require alot of elbow grease to remove? One thing I like about Zaino is that its residue free, is #16 or NXT residue free?

Thanks! :)

MattZ28
05-12-2004, 02:14 PM
#16 isn`t hard to remove as long as you don`t leave it on for a long time. I`ve never used NXT, but the #16 results are outstanding, and there`s not much residue. I don`t think any pure wax is going to be residue-free, but #16`s residue level is very low. I had some trouble using it on top of Glanz wax...had alot of residue and really hard to remove, but after the first coat, none of that happened again.

-Matt

jasonatv22
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CarKrazy

I`m currently deciding between Meguiars #16 and NXT, which one will provide a better shine, protection and ease of application/removal?

Shine = If we mean a hard sharp reflection, NXT.

Protection = NXT will be harder and last longer.

Ease = NXT more than likely.

That said, buy some #16 or S100. If you`ve only played with Zaino, you`ll love the way a real carnauba looks. NXT is great. Real carnauba are great. It`s all in what you happen to want to play with today.

#16 is seeing a bit of a revival, but I still say go by your Harley dealer and get some S100.

luke667
05-12-2004, 03:11 PM
a couple people top Nxt wit #16...wonder if they chime in

imported_Blake
05-12-2004, 03:30 PM
I have to disagree with Postwood about the durability issue. I`ve used both and my guess would be that #16 will outlast NXT 2 or 3 to 1. I certainly agree that NXT is easier to apply but as long as you put 16 on thin and remove it fairly quickly it comes off without very much of a fight.

One thing is both are very good products.

Not flaming just my opinion.

roadman
05-12-2004, 07:10 PM
I use Nxt w/ #16 topper, and the #16 adds a lot of depth (dark green car) vs without. Water beads bettter with the #16 topper.

I do not think the #16 alone would have been as good, the Nxt added a lot of clarity to the paint. Applying the NXT was very easy, #16 is harder but I would not consider it difficult to apply at all.

EBPcivicsi
05-12-2004, 07:28 PM
I like both personally.

I do two thin coats of NXT to ensure even coverage, then wait 24 hours and top with #16.

I am not sure how much it adds to the overall look, but im my eyes it looks great.

I love the look of NXT and I love the small tight beads that #16 produces when it is touched by water. Why not combine the two.

04BlackAV
05-13-2004, 07:44 AM
What he says!:rolleyes: