PDA

View Full Version : How much time am I gonna need?

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Ok I finally got my MF towels and I`m ready to do my spring detail with Klasse for the 1st time this weekend if weather cooperates. This is what I`ll be doing.

wash/dry

clay

wash/dry

AIOx1 including windows, trim and rims.

SGx1 using WOO method including rims.

All by hand

How many hours am I gonna need for this going at a moderate pace? I have small kids and it`s not too often where I have time to myself so I have to make it count. I primarily concerned with the Klasse applications as I figure I can wash and clay and wash again in 1 1/2 hours.

You can apply SG right after AIO I assume.

Webb
05-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Took me 5 1/2 hours to do a Mitsubishi Eclipse,and I didn`t waxed it.Because I was very tired.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Yikes I was figuring about 4 hours. Are you an A personality or B personality. :p

Guess the kids will be taking an extended tour of the zoo.

Accumulator
05-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Yosemite Dan- Plan on it taking a *lot* longer than you expect. Virtually everyone is amazed at how long their first few details take. I can`t begin to estimate how long it would take you, but I`m pretty cetain that 4 hours isn`t even close.

Claying while you wash can save you some time. Wash and rinse the panel, clay it, quickly rewash and rinse.

Keep track of the time, and consider skipping the windows and wheels- you can always do them next time. Just claying and AIOing wheels can take a while, depending on the style of wheel.

Yeah, you can put the SG on right after the AIO.