PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Meguiars Sealents?

Unreal
05-11-2004, 07:25 PM
I am new here and rather new to detailing in general.

I was wandering what your thoughts, experiances, durablilty of are Meguiars Sealents MPPP, #20, NXT

Accumulator
05-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Even those of use who use different products will give those a :up They work well, look good, and last quite a while. The only (real) reason to use something different is personal preference.

Watch you don`t get MPPP on your black trim, though!

Unreal
05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
I just never seen these talked about very much so i was skeptical on them.

I was actually thinking of using #20 and then topping it.

Accumulator
05-11-2004, 08:13 PM
That oughta work well. Get the finish marring-free, apply #20, wait about 24 hours (that`s important), then top with Meg`s #16. You won`t be disappointed.

Unreal
05-11-2004, 08:17 PM
What would you reccomend for prep?

My paint is in semi great shape. I used Menzerna IP, Menzerna FP about 4 weeks ago and there was no visible signs of any swirls or anything.

Something like Megs #9?

Does

#20x2

#16 or #26

sound like a good setup?

jasonatv22
05-12-2004, 07:51 AM
The problem with Meguiar`s is that they make lots of great products that are no fun to talk about. It`s much more fun to go "Hey, man I found the best new product, Badgerbutt!" "Aw, man, Badgerbutt is killer." "What? Badgerbutt gave me streaks and doesn`t last." "Yeah, me too. I think Badgerbutt is overhyped." "Honeymoon`s over. Badgerbutt sux!" :D

I`ve been thinking of getting some #20 too, but I still haven`t picked up that Poorboy`s EX or NXT, which is of course, the bomb/overhyped/sux from 2003 and 2004, respectively. (And both are great products.)

imported_Cujo31
05-12-2004, 08:12 AM
I love #20 ... more than NXT actually. #20 goes on and comes off VERY easy. Being a mobile detailer tho I cant let it sit for 24 hours ... is that what was meant by the 24 hour comment? If you arent doing mobile, then go for it. We usually wait no more than 30 minutes somethimes at best. Go for it ... give it a try.

imported_Aurora40
05-12-2004, 09:25 AM
I like both MPPP and NXT. I never tried #20. They all seem like quality stuff, though, nothing you`d feel like you wasted your money on. MPPP looks very nice and is a good balance of gloss, depth, and shine. It has a very nice well-rounded look that isn`t amazing in any one area. It is smooth-slick, but doesn`t bead water that well. There are a few reviews in the "reviews" section up top there.

NXT is very easy to find, easy to use, low cost, and very glossy. It`s hard to imagine anyone arguing with those aspects. I think it looks very nice with good depth and shine, and simply amazing gloss. It also feels very slick. Durability seems to be different for different people, but I`ve certainly found it adequate, and it`s easy to apply so it`s not hard to toss a coat on every month or so. For something you can walk into any Wal-Mart or Target and buy, it`s simply amazing.

Of course, none are miracle products, and you need good prep first. If you want a more cleaner/wax sealant product, ColorX sounds pretty intriguing. I have a bottle to try but haven`t gotten around to it yet. It is also easy to find locally.

:wavey