PDA

View Full Version : #16 or S100 Wax Dust Magnet ?

Pages : [1] 2

Reeeko99
05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Which Product should I be using to give me some pop after applying the Klasse Twins ?

I have a Black Hyundai ( soft lousy paint ) and a White Caravan Van. Both are a almost 3 yrs old.

I plan on claying both vehicles, apply MPPC prior to Klasse Twins.

I`ve read that S100/ p21s product are dust magnet`s any truth to that ?. Not a good choice for a black car then?

Any certain Wax less prone to attract dust?

So would Meguiars #16 be a better choice or maybe some other product to reccomend?

I like what i`m hearing about NXT, Feel a need to test it also.

Can I apply Meguairs NXT over Klasse twins or will that remove those products or should I justt do the MPPC then follow up with NXT ??

Do I need to use #9 after MPPC or before ?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks..

Mmmph
05-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Rick Robinson

I`ve read that S100/ p21s product are dust magnet`s any truth to that ?. Not a good choice for a black car then?

I love S100 on my Black Onyx RX 300. A great choice!

Where did you read that S100/P21S are dust magnets?

imported_eggroll
05-11-2004, 07:56 PM
I think you`ve got it backwards, they are dust repellants. At least as good as you`re going to get with the carnaubas. Natty`s wax also is pretty good at repelling dust.

Reeeko99
05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Do any of you see a difference in products when it comes to static causing the attraction of dust? Could it be related to hardness /slickness of applied product?

I`ve noticed in the past with my Father in laws Honda Goldwing, some of the products he`s tried attracts dust /static more than other products.

Appreciate all your help.

Reeeko99
05-11-2004, 08:05 PM
This dust factor was mentioned here in product reviews.

http://www.autopia.org/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=20&username=buzzb

Sorry forgot to post that earlier...

Reeeko99
05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Note: I merged your two threads, which were essentially asking many of the same questions, into one. -- Tort (moderator)

Meguairs #16 or S100 Wax dust magnet`s or more prone to static cling?

See Review comment

http://www.autopia.org/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=20&username=buzzb

Any certain Wax less prone to attract dust or static cling?

Is it a lack of hardness or slickness factor of the wax causing the dust to cling?

Which Product should I be using to give me some pop after applying the Klasse Twins ?

I have a Black Hyundai ( soft lousy paint ) and a White Caravan Van. Both are a almost 3 yrs old.

I plan on claying both vehicles, apply MPPC prior to Klasse Twins.

I like what i`m hearing about NXT, Feel a need to test it also.

Can I apply Meguairs NXT over Klasse twins or will that remove those products. Should I just do the MPPC then follow up with NXT ??

Do I need to use #9 after MPPC or before ?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks..

imported_The Uncle
05-11-2004, 08:34 PM
1) I don`t know about #16, but S100 is very good at resisting dust. Dust problems tend to be more significant for the polymers rather than the S100-type of waxes.

2) NXT is not a good idea on top of Klasse becaues it has some cleaning ability.

Mmmph
05-11-2004, 09:07 PM
The low dust factor was mentioned as well. Why no mention here?

http://www.autopia.org/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=20&username=Jademonkey

FWIW, One of the dust reviews comes from a member with one post on this forum. The other dust review mentions that "it leaves a greasy feel on my car"

I`ve been through 2 jars of this fine product in 2 years. I`ve applied it dozens of times on several cars and never had a dust problem or felt a "greasy feel on my car".

P21S Carnauba Wax is actally the most reviewed product on Autopia:

http://www.autopia.org/review/most_reviews.php

IMO, the mentions of these two posts hardly merit the use of the phrase "Dust Magnet"...especially in 2 threads.

Reeeko99
05-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up..

Mmmph,

Do you notice a difference with the s100 as the summer heats things up ?

Should it be applied more often after a wash sooner than 30 days between coats as temps increase?

appreciate all the info.

Mmmph
05-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I never had any issues regardless of the temp. S100 is so easy to apply, I can reapply on my SUV in 30 minutes or less.

My favorite feature of S100 is that it looks better on day 2 and 3 after application. Follow up regularly with a QD like Clearkote Quik Shine and slickness is always just a spritz away...anytime.

Reeeko99
05-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Thanks.... U sold me on it....

Scottwax
05-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Neither S100 or #16 has been a `dust magnet` in my experience. Both are very clear, glossy and wet looking but #16 is more durable if that is an issue for you.

HeavyChevyBoy
05-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi Rick,

You know, I have that static dust problem when I apply the P21s on my friends Black VW GTI. I cleaned his car last Sunday, Meguire`s #9, AIO, SG, P21s. I noticed that next day I have all this dust on the car which is in the garage all day. A friend of mine told me that it creates static and it`s a dust magnet. I let him try my NXT and he likes it. I went and did my car with the Klasse twins then NXT. But, people that wrote to me from this site said that it`s not good. Since, it will just take off the Klasse twins because NXT have little abbrasive in it. Klasse twins then P21s or #9 and Nxt.

bye

MikeD
05-12-2004, 09:10 AM
ive used a lot of products and living in socal, get a lot of gold dust on my vehicle, however mostly it seems to come off with a duster and not sticking. But lately with all the pollen in the air, the pollen seems to stick. probably because of dewy particles in the pollen. Nxt worked ok for me, but left a slight hazing and seemed to dull the color when i put it on top of other products, but it never really made a difference on the dust factor for me...

Reeeko99
05-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey Ricky,

Exactly what I`ve seen in the past washing and waxing my black car, then garaging it for the weekend. Dust all over it come Monday when I head off to work.

Well I`ll try some P21S/ S100 over the Klasse Twins and see what happens. I`m guessing I`ll attact some dust. But it my finish will look very nice.

Thanks