PDA

View Full Version : just checking if calcarcover told me the truth about their car covers

Pages : [1] 2 3

havabooz
05-11-2004, 12:40 PM
i did a bunch of searches about covers and i still didnt really know which one was right for me

people seemed to favor the noah a lot but i need mine strictly for outdoor use

i know the weathershield is for that purpose but people said the moisture protection wasnt that good

i went over to calcarcover and immediately looked at their "stormweave" thinking it was the best for rain...the salesperson explained the whole thing to me and i came to teh conclusion that the weathershield was kinda like the stormweave

but the SUPERweave was what she said that i needed

although its thin (i dont need ding protection) she said it doesnt let ANY moisture in..but also its very breathable

the cover is 299 (for a 350z) ...i think it will be a good investment but i just want to see if anyone has used the superweave

thanks

havabooz
05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
just read somewhere that weathershield is the same thing as superweave...but im not sure how much i believe that

someone please chime in

pt91
05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
I bought my weathershield cover in dec. from big sky covers (best price I could find).

It is used like yours, in the garage.

I really love it. It is very compact and I can wash and dry it at home. Very easy to use because of the light weight.

No protection from dings, but that isn`t my purpose.

It only goes on a perfectly clean car, so I have not needed to wash it.

2 thumbs up on the weathershield.:up :up

havabooz
05-11-2004, 01:12 PM
you misunderstood me...my car is RARELY in a garage especially during bad weather seasons...so i need a cover that gives MAXIMUM water repellent...i was told that NOTHING will penetrate the superweave..but i also heard that the weathershield is the same thing and that moisture gets through when it rains alot

togwt
05-11-2004, 01:18 PM
I think you may need a Weathersheild HD (it`s a heavyweight fabric though)

togwt
05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Storage-

Indoor: Dustopâ„¢- inside protection from dust and dirt, ideal for vehicle storage

Long Term Outdoor: Weathersheildâ„¢ HD- provides optimum protection from water, dust, tree sap, while providing long-term UVR protection, maximum weatherproof protection from a multi-layer breathable fabric(heavyweight fabric)

Outdoor Weather Protection-

Weathersheildâ„¢ - single layer construction made from a durable polymer fabric with a breathable non-bulky with one third less bulk than comparable covers. Protection from UVR, acid rain, dust, dirt, intense sunlight and its storm proof (force 8 hurricane)

Noahâ„¢ by Kimberly Clarkâ„¢ –three-layer fabric ultrasonically bonded to provide more water resistance than most covers as well as UVR protection for extended outdoor use, but especially heavy rain protection. Places a soft, paint protecting finish aginst the vehicles surfaces

Sunbrellaâ„¢- maximum sun and heat protection for high sun little rain type areas (AZ, TX, NV, etc)

Steve A
05-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Bought a weathershield from autoanything.com. Mine is primarily for indoor use, but the description says "maximum water repellancy." They have the weathershield for $225 for the Z.

You may want to give them a call, they were very helpful in getting me a "custom" cover to to fit over the factory spoiler.

havabooz
05-11-2004, 01:46 PM
thanks for replies...assuming the superweave does repel water like they say it is my best choice...its a thin cover and easy to fold and can be put in the wash..the weathershield hd seems too bulky

steve a- cal car cover can change the dimensions of the cover to fit my aftermarket stuff also..just gotta specify all teh measurements

they also offer free "windows"...meaning they will sew in see-thru windows for me because my parking pass needs to be visible at school

Bill D
05-11-2004, 02:01 PM
If this is extremely important to you, do what my gf and I do, use both the Noah and Weathershield, rarely does rain get through and both copvers are still breathable. Until some new breakthrough fabirc comes out I`ll always being both for my cars.

Best price I ever found for Covercraft is at http://www.websweeper.com

havabooz
05-11-2004, 02:05 PM
bill d--..i have noticed that you are in favor of that combo

but if the superweave is fine by itself then why buy 2?...(plus it wouldnt be efficient for me to have 2)

Bill D
05-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I highly suspect the Superweave is very similar to Covercraft`s fabrics. That`s why I ruled it out. That website I think has very reasonable prices. For the first time I place one cover on top then the next and for now on after that I just remove them together and put them on together, its just like putting on one single heavy cover after you put one on and then the other the first time only.

METICULOUSMAN
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
I have ordered more car and truck cover than i care to admit. All my cars & trucks ive had have all been outside. I have bought from many companies and many materials. Cal Car Covers always gave me the best customer service out of them all. I have sent back to them covers I needed altered of fixed and was always taken care of for free or close to it(shipping charges). Sorry to make this so long but through my experiences im hoping I can help you decide. The Noah covers are to me an under rated cover. Great in wet, snow, sun. I did have an issue in windy conditions with it so I now have a Stormweave for that reason only. Hope this helps you and feel free to PM me if I can help. Be Well, Jim

imported_neoflex
05-11-2004, 02:31 PM
I too have a NOAH and then I just throw some crappy cover I got off ebay for $35 over it. Mainly to keep the neighborhood cats from ruining the expensive cover. With the 2 covers I do not get much water coming through and it seems to breathe fine being my car sits 5 of the 7 days outside in the elements and have yet to notice anything funky going on from being covered. I ordered my NOAh from http://www.carcoverworld.com/ Was the best price on the web I could find. Good Luck!

Matt M, PA
05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
I recently bought a cover for my Cobra, and figured that Covercraft makes them for everyone. My local auto parts shop got me a Covercraft Weathershield. It`;s the one made of Nextec that can be washed at home because it is light.

FWIW...Nextec is what is used for some outdoor clothing.

Even with snow laying on the cover or a downpour, the car stays dry. I have yet to find the car even damp. Stays dry. It does breathe to let moisture out.

The Noah and other Technalon type fabrics are not as waterproof, but are a heavier fabric. I used to have aNoah type cover and after a good rain, the car would be wet in spots.

It I were buying another cover today, it would be from Covercraft.

Bill D
05-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Me too, FWIW, thats why I say the Weathershield coupled with the Noah will block out all bad weather VERY close to ALL of the time :up