PDA

View Full Version : Many Questions

MDeGe
05-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Ok, still fairly new to all this. I`ve done some searches but I know that some posts were lost in the forum last week so, I`m sorry to ask the same questions as everyone else. I wanna get a PC 7424 but im not too familiar with the pads. You can buy them from many places but do they all fit? For instance will the pads meguiars sell also work on it? Another questions is what pad does what? Also im thinking of using the following with the PC on my car:

Megs DACP

Megs#7

Meg#9

NXT

Ive been hearing good things about the NXT but, I see some apply it by hand and others PC. Any advantages or Disadvantages to this? I appreciate any help in advance. You guys know your stuff very well:bow

scottabir
05-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Yoiu should use Pads that fit the appropriate backing plate. I use a 6 inch backing plate and I use 7.5 pads and 6 inch pads with it, everyone might not agree but I do it and it works for me. I use Megs pads and LC pads. Like I mentioned above they both work with a 6 inch backing plate (be conscious of the edge of the backing plate when using 6 inch pads with 6 inch backing plate).

DACP- cutting or polishing pad

Megs #7- finishing pad I would assume.

#9 use before #7 with polish pad

NXT-finish pad.

Cutting pads provide more "bite" when trying to remove a blemish in the paint as compared to a polishing pad.

Polishing pads usually are used for blemish removal and also for bringing out the gloss in the paint.

Finishing pads are used for waxes, glazes ect basically for applying finishing products.