PDA

View Full Version : How to remove somebody`s elses car paint

fusionnv
05-10-2004, 10:47 PM
On the bumper of my friends car, he got some red paint. He has a black car. We assume that the person behind him sucked at driving and scraped the red cars paint onto his bumper. We tried a bit of bug and tar remover to get it out. So far it very resistance. Should we keep trying or use something a bit easier. Thanks!

imported_edschwab1
05-11-2004, 04:41 AM
Try using clay. If clay does not work try using a polish.

Eric

imported_BretFraz
05-11-2004, 06:06 AM
The easiest way I know how to do this is to use a rotary polisher and buff it off. I`ve done it several times recently and it works great.

If you don`t have a polisher then a moderate polish like Scratch X or similar should do the trick but it will take some elbow grease, I`m sure.

fusionnv
05-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by bretfraz

The easiest way I know how to do this is to use a rotary polisher and buff it off. I`ve done it several times recently and it works great.

If you don`t have a polisher then a moderate polish like Scratch X or similar should do the trick but it will take some elbow grease, I`m sure.

Good I got some scratch X somewhere. I try that and hopefully it will work.

jasonatv22
05-11-2004, 07:56 AM
A little pinch of clay the size of the end of my pinkie finger is what I always use. Works great. I think ScratchX should be able to do it too.