PDA

View Full Version : billett polish help!

patdad
05-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I have purchased some engine dress up items made out of billett. I have used mequires, Ckearkote and eagle billett polish. I just cant seem to get a deep clear not scratchy shine. They shine but when the light hits them they look hazy.

These are heavy top quality billett. I even tried using klasse all in one with no improvement.

Is it possible too get a chrome like shine.

thanks

pat

forrest@mothers
05-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Try polishing with a blue rubber nitrile glove, and removing the residue with a good microfiber towel.

Sounds like it may be your choice of applicator and buffing towel. You may try a better quality polish made just for billet as well - neither Meguiar`s or ClearKote make a product just for billet, and the Eagle One product was discontinued last year, so you likely have some old stock.

SP 325i
05-11-2004, 03:26 AM
When you say billet, you mean aluminium ? If so the only way I found to get a chrome like finish was to wet & dry it first, then work down the abrasive scale. A lot of work but looked good in the end.

Steve

forrest@mothers
05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
All billet aluminum I`ve seen for cars is already polished to a mirror-like finish.

The problem is maintaining it without marring the finish - that`s the nitrile glove, microfiber towel, and a specialty billet polish.