PDA

View Full Version : I`m new to this help out

Darien1629
05-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I just started to detail my car i just bought it, my other car i really didnt bother too much since it was a beater. but now i have a honda s2000. I bought kinda the basics stuff of soap and so on. but i did it, it looks decent. but i want better. what products should i use, and whats the best way to go about it specially the winshield? thanks

scottabir
05-11-2004, 05:14 AM
well to be honest :showpics

:D

product selection really depends on the condition of the vehicle. For a glass cleaner I happen to really enjoy 1z`s glass cleaner, EO 20/20 gets good reviews too.

former86camaro
05-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Since the car is new I would look into the Wolg Gang Twins Set or I have seen real niceresults with Klasse. IMO Wolf.

Wash

Clay

Pre Clean

Seal

Following Week

Wash

Seal

jasonatv22
05-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Don`t take this as condescending, but I suggest reading some of David B`s articles up there in the Learn button. They`re good stuff, and I learn stuff when I re-read them.

I too have made a rapid transition from a beater to a car I really cherished. Washing is the first thing I needed to learn. Make sure you don`t scratch your new toy.

Mr. C2k up there is dead on, though I`ve never tried WG. If you want stuff you can pick up locally, ColorX is a good cleaner/sealant. If you don`t mind waiting for things to be shipped, AIO is a favorite around here. It`s also a cleaner/sealant. For many people, that`s the only Klasse product they use. Clay Magic can be bought at Auto Zone, but Autopia Store has also started carrying that banana colored clay that may or may not be advertized at the top and bottom of this page. I can vouch for the Clay Magic, and I figure Dave wouldn`t stock anything that sucked.

Sealant, think that Poorboys EX or NXT are the ones that I`m most gravitated to. You didn`t name the color of your car. If it was a dark color, and expecially since you have a tiny car, going with just a pure carnauba over AIO would work. You`d rewax more often, but I like to spend time with my car.

For windows, I really like Eagle One 20/20. However, I used Stoner`s Invisible Glass for a few years and liked it. But I just prefer 20/20. I also treat the glass with Castrol Accuvision, a kind of RainX product thats much easier to apply, but lasts less than half the time.

Also, some people will AIO their glass.

And I`d also start wiping your engine clean on a regular basis to keep it from getting dirty.

Congrats on your killer new ride.

former86camaro
05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
If I were to use a local product I always loved liquid glass.. I have gotten many hooked on it like neighboor hood kids and friends. Easy on and off, nice shine, good durability, and you can buy it at Discount or Advanced Auto Parts. Another good lcoal item is the lexol leather care products, again can be bought local, and I always liked Deep Crystal Shampoo for a local purchase. Actually you can make your car look real good without ever going online... Hmmmmmm

trueblueblood
05-11-2004, 11:03 AM
I think Postwoods idea is good use the learn button soak all that up and read as many post as possible. If you want to get stuff locally I`ll give my reccomendations and this should goive you a good base to work off of.

Car Wash: Meguiars Gold class best wash you can find locally usually 10.00 bucks at Target for a huge thing

Wash Mitt: Sheepskin wash mitt, make sure the inside feels like leather or hide thats the good ones, find at Walmart or O`reilly about 6-7 bucks

Clay: You will need this, it is a must Clay magic is available locally and works good

Wax: Meguiars NXT it has some cleaning ability and is good wax/sealant

A good quick detailer for after washing to bring back that just waxed shine Meguiars makes one for NXT

Get some good quality towels or an Absorber for drying. For towels a 100% cotton made in the USA or Wal marts microfibers they are okay for really good quality microfibers www.pakshak.com or www.poorboysworld.com

Poorboys also carries really great products that aren`t a whole lot of money hence the name I use em` and love em. Just with this list above this should build you a good base and experiment from their. Hope that helps:xyxthumbs