PDA

View Full Version : Did I put too much Sonus?

Blackmirror
05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
First I used a damp MF towel to remove the dust off. Then I used Sonus(first time using it) spraying it on the paint and wiping with the damp mf towel. After that I used an ultimate detailing towel waffle weave type(from autopia car care) and buffed it. I noticed when I tried to buff it, the towel wanted to grab the surface so I put more force into the towel to buff off. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I put too much Sonus? This is my first time using Sonus and a waffle weave towel.

Buick_guy
05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
I don`t think a waffle weave is for buffing. It is more for drying, since it is made to hold alot of water or other liquid.

beastie
05-10-2004, 10:05 PM
I do the damp mf towel bit, rinse and then wring. I don`t use waffle-weave mf. I then spray the towel, not the car, using 2 sprays at first, then 1 spray into the towel for every panel. I use a dry polishing mf towel after wiping down a panel. I use EO and Sonus on my SG`d car.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Use an ultrafine MF towel if possible, a WW should only be used for drying. You shouldn`t be forcing anything using a QD.

Big Leegr
05-11-2004, 09:25 AM
I looked at my bottle of the stuff, and it doesn`t say to use a damp mf, just says "clean terry towel or mf."

Also, Sonus can be used to clean cars (not for extremely dirty surfaces, but you said you used a damp mf to clean the dust, so I`d say Sonus would be able to handle it). I would feel better using the Sonus to clean the dust, as there would be some lubrication, more than just a damp mf, I`d think.

Finally, as said earlier, Use a mf that`s meant for buffing, not drying.

Sonus is one of my favorite qd`s. I hope it ends up working for you.