PDA

View Full Version : I`ve streaked Klasse SG-now what?

imported_Aaron in Denver
05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Today I applied Manzerna FP, Klasse AIO, followed by a coat of Klasse SG.

I think I didn`t let the SG sit long enough and when I moved the car into the sun I see that I have streaked the SG.

Do I have to start completely over now, or is there any way to remedy the streaks? I`m planning on another coat of SG anyway, but didn`t have time today. Will a second coat help, or do I need to go back to AIO? Would buffing with Sonus QD help now?

Sorry so many questions. SG and I have a hard time getting along, but it sure looks good and lasts when done right.

Thanks for any help.

Aaron/Denver

2wheelsx2
05-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Don`t worry. There are two things you can do. One is, use a QD (one without carnauba) and mist the streaks before wiping with an MF.

Another one is to just wash the car again before you apply the second coat. The washing and drying process has always removed the streaks for me.

For the second coat, you may consider BillNorth`s wipe on/wipe off method. Much easier. And remember...thin, thin, thin.:)

imported_The Uncle
05-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Sonus QD will definitely get the streaks out.

imported_Aaron in Denver
05-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok, thanks for the quick replies! I was afraid I was back to square one. I`ll hit it with Sonus.

armoredsaint
05-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Always make sure your applicator is damp with either water or a QD like FI #34 or Sonus

imported_Sullybob
05-11-2004, 05:15 AM
Aaron,

When I used SG I also noticed streaks when I was done. Luckily I hadn`t cleaned my SG applicator yet. I went back over the streaks with my applicator and immediatly wiped it off with a MF. It got rid of my streaks. You may want to give this a try. I know it wont help you now but it might make life eaiser next time you use Klasse. Be sure you wait at least 24 hours between coats of SG, it needs to cure before you apply another coat.

Here is the Bill North Wipe on Wipe off method.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30989

Hope this helps.

joblo1978
05-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Sonus QD will definitely get the streaks out.

Sonus, IMHO is a must for using Klasse.

imported_The Uncle
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
I usually go over the car with SONUS after I wash it, and it really refreshes the shine. The car just seems to glow afterwards. SG and Sonus are a great combination.

dmatre
05-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Sullybob

When I used SG I also noticed streaks when I was done. Luckily I hadn`t cleaned my SG applicator yet. I went back over the streaks with my applicator and immediatly wiped it off with a MF. It got rid of my streaks.

I`ve found the same thing. If I`ve applied the SG too thick in places, or if the phone rang, and I couldn`t WOO, I simply go over the panel again with the applicator, and this time I do WOO.

The `Sticky Crud` that SG becomes (after drying a couple of minutes, but before drying several hours) is `liquified` by the reapplication, and then a quick wipe with an MF towel leaves a perfect finish.