PDA

View Full Version : Sweet M3

Pages : [1] 2

Detailing NY
05-10-2004, 04:19 PM
This is Adam`s new M3, he made the smart move and told the dealer not to prep the vehicle.

Detailing NY
05-10-2004, 04:21 PM
It looked so wet in person. This pix dont do it justice

Detailing NY
05-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Interior is awesome in this car, don`t mind the spot on the rocker, we clean it last. I just wanted to take some pix

stilez
05-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeh that thing is hott!

What products did you use? Who is Adam?

Detailing NY
05-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Adam is a "lurker" on the site. Real nice guy.

One thing I forgot to mention is you need to be careful with red leather. The red dye in the leather can fade quickly. You need to keep conditioning it as often as possible, mainly durning the hot summer months when that sun beats on it.

MrLoveLoviro
05-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Sweet, 3 Pedals too!

andriver
05-10-2004, 05:29 PM
What products did you use?

AZRashid
05-10-2004, 05:45 PM
That`s my car above. Brian (NY Pro detailer) and his crew did it on Saturday. He is right, the pictures don`t do it justice (maybe you need more megapixels on your digi-cam, Brian!).

I highly recommend him for anybody in the NYC area. It`s a nice drive out to Staten Island, you just go there, hang out, and shoot the breeze while Brian works his magic.

Thanks,

Adam

Corey Bit Spank
05-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Definitely keep a conditioner with UV protection on the leather. :)

Nice car. Good color combo. Nice work NY detailer. :)

ben54
05-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I worked for a Toyota dealer when I was a kid driving new cars from the dock to the prep area, and the cars were always covered with some kind of coating. If you clean it yourself, how do you get that stuff off? I think the dealer used some kind of solvent because it would always soak the rubber moldings and leave streaks on the windows when we rolled them down.

Also, what about the underbody coating? People flagged us down all the time because they thought our cars were on fire with all that smoke coming from the bottom of the cars.

Blue-Sun
05-10-2004, 06:43 PM
wow! I love that car!

awesome job!

imported_Terry
05-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I`ll have an M3 some day.........fabulous car & great work:up

Detailing NY
05-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ben54

I worked for a Toyota dealer when I was a kid driving new cars from the dock to the prep area, and the cars were always covered with some kind of coating. If you clean it yourself, how do you get that stuff off? I think the dealer used some kind of solvent because it would always soak the rubber moldings and leave streaks on the windows when we rolled them down.

Also, what about the underbody coating? People flagged us down all the time because they thought our cars were on fire with all that smoke coming from the bottom of the cars.

I have never seen any kind of coating, except on windows. I have smelt some kind of burning smell on new cars but it went away in a few hours.

Scottwax
05-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Wow! Looks great Brian! I have a pretty good idea what you used, but I know how you are about some of your methods and product selection getting out.

imported_edschwab1
05-11-2004, 04:37 AM
NYD,

The M3 looks great.

As to the undercoating and cosmolene, BMW does a double hot water wash at the VPC to remove. Then before the car ships it is wrapped in white shipping plastic.

Eric