PDA

View Full Version : Wax topper for true blue metallic paint?

trueblueblood
05-10-2004, 11:17 AM
I`ve got a true blue Stang with lots of metallic. I have been using S100 and love it but I`m considering something like Trade Secret or Souveran for my darker color. I don`t want to mute the metallic flake. I`m planning my next combo to be VM +EX-P + Trade Secret or Souveran. Just wanted to get some pros and cons or what would look the best on my car. Thanks :) :up

Scott P
05-10-2004, 11:25 AM
If you don`t want to mute the metallic, I think you would want to stick with one of the "clearer" waxes like S100 or Natty Wax. Pinnacle Signature Series looks great on Metallics too.

Buick_guy
05-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Does Klasse work good with Metallic? or Pearl?

trueblueblood
05-10-2004, 11:51 AM
It such a tough call since its a darker color which TS or Souveran would compliment and make it look wetter but it has lots of metallic that I don`t want to take away from! :(

Anthony O.
05-11-2004, 07:26 PM
true.......

My choice would be to lose the VM if used in conjunction with the EX-P plus a carnauba topper. It defeats the purpose of the VM since it is a wax. I don`t believe the EX-P would sit well on the VM.

If you are looking to get a darker look then AIO and Trade Secret would be a nice combo. If you are looking to bring out more metallic then a mild polish, like Menzerna FP, UPP and then Pizazz should make for a nice look.

Anthony

Chalky
05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

true.......

My choice would be to lose the VM if used in conjunction with the EX-P plus a carnauba topper. It defeats the purpose of the VM since it is a wax. I don`t believe the EX-P would sit well on the VM.

Anthony

I`m sure not trying to start anything, but I have a question. In an earlier post of mine, I was soliciting opinions on what to use on my wife`s new 350Z, which is her daily driver in Arizona.

One very respected forum member suggested Vanilla Moose topped with EX-P. It was also suggested to top that with a coat of Souveran.

Anthony, do you disagree? I also respect your opinion. For the record, I did my wife`s Z over the weekend and I used VM and topped it with EX-P. It looks great. Later this week I was going to put another coat of EX-P and then top that with the Souveran.

On the other hand, what you say Anthony makes sense. Now I`m confused. Any comments?

Anthony O.
05-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey guys......

Let me re-group here and also re-state my original statement (That`s liberal talk if I ever heard it:D )

My thinking is that the VM topped by EX-P and then again topped by TS is overkill.

The EX-P will sit well on the VM and it will give great results, used it myself:xyxthumbs I would not though top the EX-P as it may just "float" on top and never bond. It may look nice for a day or so but it will then evaporate most likely and then you wasted product.

Try also AIO and top it with EX-P, just be cautious of layering waxes on top of waxes. What may look good at first may lose its appeal a day or so later.

Adios,

Anthony

trueblueblood
05-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the reply Anthony, but now you stirred somethin` up:D . I haven`t read any body toppin EX-P with carnuba so I`m interested if someone will chime in on this subject. I often see sealants being topped so how would EX-p differ? thanks again Anthony and dback fan for bringing up a good point:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
05-13-2004, 10:54 AM
I`ve been using EX-P over VM for about 2 months now and appearance and durability seem to be holding up nicely. Even on my own car when it started pouring about 5 minutes after I finished and I didn`t have a chance to wash my car for about 2 1/2 weeks. When I finally washed it, it was beading like mad, felt real slick and looked great.

I know that Steve at Poorboy`s does recommend using his Professional Polish as the final glaze before EX-P though so I will be ordering some to see how that works out. I would agree that a glaze with less oils would probably give the best durability with EX-P.

As far as topping EX-P with a carnauba, I still haven`t done it since I like the look of EX-P so much as it is.

RobertNQ
05-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Wolfgang!

Awesome on my nighthawk black pearl paint...:bow

MikeD
05-18-2004, 09:50 AM
hey i cant say enough about amino-uv, it makes my mettallic paint glow like glitter man... how come i never hear anyone else mentioning it in here? check out their gallery...

http://www.amino-uv.com/gallery.html