PDA

View Full Version : Just received my microfiber towels from PakShak!

Goldfingiz
05-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, I just received my microfier towels from Pakshak, and boy are they soft. I`m tempted to wash myself with them rather than my car! :p

Anyway, I ordered the Combo Special. It came with:

3 - 16`` x 16`` Ultra - Micro Fiber Towels

1 - 16`` x 24`` Ultra-Fine - Micro Fiber Towel

1 - 25`` x 36`` Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel

1 - 6.5`` x 9.5`` Ultra - Micro Fiber Mitt

I was wondering which towel to use for what. Here`s what I had planned:

Mitt to wash, of course, Waffle to dry.

3 Ultra towels to wipe off (not apply) polish/wax (one for Klasse, one for NXT, etc).

What does everyone use the ultra-fine towel for? Am I getting the right idea by using the 3 for polish/wax?

Sorry about the noobish question. Thanks for talking me into them, they`re great! :xyxthumbs

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Lucky you I`m still waiting for mine.

You pretty much got it right but you might need more than 1 MF for each wax application but then again I haven`t got my mine yet so I don`t know how plush they are. The ultra fine is pretty much for a final wipe. I`ll be using mine for QDing.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Gold, Im not real familiar with his towels, its sort of a trial and run ....What you need to do is just prep your car and give each towel you have a demo, your likes may be different than others.....Personally i use one towel for everything and find that works perfect for me....with the exception of the waffle weave for drying.....

Scottwax
05-09-2004, 03:39 AM
I use the Ultra fine for QDing only. The rest are multiple use towels like Patrick said.

04BlackAV
05-09-2004, 07:10 AM
As Scottwax say`s the Ultra fine for QDing and the Ultra for removing products.

Goldfingiz
05-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys:up :up

westtexbluesrt4
05-10-2004, 12:27 AM
wow, can`t wait to get paid, I would like to work w/ my car a little, but w/ the towels I have I feel like I`m making things worse.

imported_pugoman
05-10-2004, 01:00 AM
I find the Ultras are good enough for anything! I use them for product removal, glass cleaning and for QD`ing. I do have an Ultra-fine, but I find that I hardly ever use it because the Ultras are so good!

I maybe stating the obvious but, no-one has mentioned yet... don`t forget to give them a wash before you use them. Liquid detergent only and no fabric softner or bleach, let them air dry or put them in the tumble dryer on low-heat setting. I find microfiber cloths to be useless until they`ve had a first wash.

I just received another pack of 10 Ultras on Saturday morning - only took 4 days to arrive in the UK. Excellent service from Ranney, as usual.

PakShak cloths rule! :bow

PakShak
05-10-2004, 01:04 AM
:bow

With Aloha,

Ranney :)