PDA

View Full Version : Is SG good for windows and trim?

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-08-2004, 03:53 PM
OK I`ve read that AIO is good to use for the windows and trim and it won`t stain but what about SG.

Is SG easy to apply to both as long as you do the WOO(kinda sounds likes a new dance craze :dance ). Anybody apply AIO and\or SG to the front window with any success.The weather sux lately in Toronto so I`m trying to get all my Klasse answers in before I start my detail.

Bill, thanking you in advance for your answer. :xyxthumbs

Bill D
05-08-2004, 04:08 PM
I`m not Bill North but I do have some info for you. I only use the WOO method for SG. I`ve been following Accumulator`s tip and applying SG to all of my trim. No problerms at all. AIO is great for windows too

bboy850
05-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Klasse AIO does real good job on the windows...AIO and SG on trim is also very good.

BillNorth
05-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Dan,

I don`t use AIO or SG on my windows or trim. No particular reason for this. But there is nothing wrong with experimenting. Give it a shot and let us know how you like it.

Bill. :up

foxtrapper
05-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Neither product stains the trim, so I don`t worry about it getting onto it. Both bring up faded black trim nicely, so I will use them to do that. Plastic rear view mirror housing for example. They get included in the wiping process.

I`ve done glass with AIO. :nixweiss No problems encountered, but it didn`t do anything remarkable. The window continued to look like it was clean glass.

armoredsaint
05-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Using AIO and SG on my front windshield I noticed less bug kills too as compared to Rain-X :D

2wheelsx2
05-13-2004, 12:11 PM
If you have to use your wipers (ie, city driving) don`t put anything on your windshield.

Doesn`t matter what you put on there, it eventually streaks. Maybe Rain-X or Aquapel, but those are also really designed for highway driving. I use AIO on my rear window and it works great in keeping dirty water from drying on there. I don`t bother with SG, as I clean my windows often.

I use 20/20 on my glass, and water beads up on my windshield at highway speeds like there is Rain-X on it.

LOTA OT
05-13-2004, 12:36 PM
I use AIO on my side and rear windows and it both cleans them and lays a nice layer that beads water. I`ve not used it on the windshield as 2wheelsx2 mentioned it will most likely streak and I`ve heard it can cause some optical wierdness at night with lights (though I`ve not tested either claims).

Stick with rainx (orignal formula not the wax) or some other product designed specifically for the windshield. Some seem to also like the castrol treatment or aquapel, but that can be difficult to get a hold of. I personally use rainx and love it. Works better with a second coat.