PDA

View Full Version : Formula 113 BeadX and Spray Wax

WAX2MUCH
05-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Was reading the earlier posts about spray waxes and had a question.

Can the Formula 113 spray wax and the BeadX detailer be used over carnauba wax finishes and can a carnauba be topped over them, as well?? Similarly, are they compatible with sealants like Wolfgang, FMJ or BF2?

I have not tried the 113 products and was looking for some advice to see if these products work well with other lines.

Thank you.

Scottwax
05-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Formula113 has a decent shine initially but it isn`t very durable, about 4-6 weeks or so. If you need a product that works well in the sun and you don`t mind waxing often, it isn`t a bad choice but you can do better.

BeadX is actually a pretty good detail spray, but at $50 a gallon, it is pretty expensive.

WAX2MUCH
05-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Scottwax-- thanks for the reply.

Can I assume that the Formula113 QD and spray wax are compatible with most waxes/sealants??

I was just looking for a little extra "pop" between wax/sealant applications.

Scottwax
05-09-2004, 10:30 AM
The QD seemed to be compatible with other products. I prefer Clearkote`s Quikshine though and it is $12 less per gallon than BeadX.

WAX2MUCH
05-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Scott- again thanks. Your recommendations/opinions are always appreciated. Go Rangers!

gauchoy2k
05-10-2004, 06:33 AM
I use Formula 113 after i wash my car. It can really boost the polish/wax detail. I live in NY were it snows. And last October i gave my tahoe a head to toe detail job. Were now in May and by using Formula 113 it really made the under coat of wax last. Even though i have been using the spray for only 8 months now i am totally sold. I have used other sprays From Meguiers,Mothers,Gliptone, and so on but this is the best i have ever seen. Smells Great too. Really easy to use. Spray and wipe.

My father which is 64 uses it too, thats how easy it is to use.

I was at a car show and noticed everyone using it and broke down and bought a bottle. The price is a little on the high side but the out come is so worth it. Am wondering what it will do in the sun this summer. I`ll find out soon.

gauchoy2k
05-10-2004, 06:35 AM
When i say Formula 113 i meant the Formula 113-Beadx Detail spray not the wax. I havent used the wax.

WAX2MUCH
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
gauchoy2k- thanks for the reply and clarification that you were talking about the Formula 113 detailer and not the spray wax. I ordered a bottle of ClearKote and BeadX to try them out.

BTW, although I only ordered a single bottle of each, the BeadX is not much more than the ClearKote if you go to the gallon size....the BeadX is $50, but they throw in a "filled 22 oz. bottle w/ sprayer" (so you get 150 oz.) ....the ClearKote is $38/gal. with an empty sprayer bottle. I believe shipping is $8 for either QD.