PDA

View Full Version : Scratches on plastic face plates? What to use?

Inzane
05-08-2004, 01:05 AM
HI Guys,

Is there a method or product that is good for removing scratches from the transparent plastic panels on dash instrument clusters, stereo face plates, etc. ? You know the delicate stuff that scratches if you even breath on it? :angry

I`m installing an Apex`i S-AFC-II in my Z and the LCD screen is scratched all to s#%t, and I don`t even know if *I* did that or it came like that out of the box... D`oh!

Thanks!

Pats300zx
05-08-2004, 06:45 AM
I would recommend Novus. They have a 3 step process. #1 is their cleaner #2 is more abrasive. You can get the whole kit for about $11.00.

I have used #1 and #2 on my rear tail lights with great success.

I use #1 all the time to maintain my plastic speedo lens cover.

chris0626
05-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Once you try the gentle polishes that Pats300zx recommends here, you might then step up to Mothers Plastic Polish and --if none of that works -- give Meguiar`s PlastX a try. I`ve had success with PlastX when nothing else would touch my marring. But remember that you have to apply it for a long time and with a lot of elbow grease.

SeamusCA
05-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Second the rec for Novus. Has worked great on my motorcycle windscreen, various gauge covers, and some turn indicators that I shaved. Seems to be a little more effective than than the Meguiars stuff (which I also have and have used).

Jim