PDA

View Full Version : zaino=dust?..am i crazy?

Pages : [1] 2

havabooz
05-07-2004, 11:57 PM
i washed a qd my car today...and ive been noticing that the car has been attracting a lot of dust lately

dont get me wrong i love zaino but i just dont get it

can it be because ive been drying my towels in the dryer?..i hear it gives off an electric charge and makes the car attract more dust??

how often do you guys wash your drying towels and detailing towels?

ScottLP
05-08-2004, 12:10 AM
You are not the only one to have that experience. Read this--near the end he has a pic you need to see (not a commercial link and I have no affiliation with him):

www.deckowski.com/wax%20off/greatwaxoffintro.htm

havabooz
05-08-2004, 12:24 AM
thanks..cool site..good info

havabooz
05-08-2004, 12:40 AM
ps. cali car duster does a good job...but the layer of dust was just crazy...it was only 3 hours of driving after i qd`d it...(and i didnt take it offroad :))

this is the first time i noticed such a big amount of dust...thats why im suspecting the towels as opposed to zaino

Chalky
05-08-2004, 01:16 AM
It`s Zaino. I thought Zaino wasn`t supposed to attract dust buy it acted like a magnet on my black 911. One of the reasons I quit using it.

petraidm
05-08-2004, 05:56 AM
Zaino is a dust magnet, that`s why a number of zainoholics I know top it with a carnuba

Matt M, PA
05-08-2004, 09:02 PM
I can;t say I ever noticed a dust or pollen attraction problem with Zaino...here`s a recent post about this on the VCA

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=403532&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

havabooz
05-09-2004, 10:21 AM
well, from answers on other forums and this one its pretty clear that it does attract dust more than others...but a quick cali dust should do the trick

Delta V
05-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I switched from S100 to Klasse. I was deciding between Klasse and Zaino and dust was one of the factor that steer me away from Zaino. After I made the switch I noticed that Klasse attracted less dust than when I was using S100. My car is parked outside everyday since I don`t have a garage yet. :p

eran
05-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah like it was said, I also top with Carnuba, that solved it for me. :up

ZaneO
05-09-2004, 04:41 PM
I guarantee it has more to do with towels than Zaino.

I live in Lubbock, TX (dirt capital of the U.S.) and could tell when my towels were dried to long and had a static charge to them.

Zaino will attract some dust, but no more than S100 in my experience. Try pulling your towels out of the drier when then are slightly damp or even mist them with a water bottle if you dry too long.

imported_RIC
05-09-2004, 05:51 PM
The waxes or polish you choose does not attract or repel dust any more or less than other wax or polish product. It is a matter of the environment at the time.

When the Gurus did their tests they verified this also.

During high pollen or dust conditions it does not matter what product you use. Your car will get covered.

brian_k03
05-10-2004, 01:26 AM
just keep a duster with u

foxtrapper
05-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by RIC

The waxes or polish you choose does not attract or repel dust any more or less than other wax or polish product. It is a matter of the environment at the time.

http://www.deckowski.com/DV3/lowres/product%20shots%20440.jpg

This picture rather belays that statement, wouldn`t you say? Zaino`s in on the right, Malms on the left. Clearly the Zaino`s is more dusty.

ZaneO
05-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Who is the brilliant person who wrote all over that car?

Do you realize that causes scratches?

That right there is a autopian`s nightmare.