PDA

View Full Version : Question about Meg`s #38 Tire and Trim Dressing Gel

JustinR32
05-07-2004, 07:46 PM
I`m sitting here looking at: Endurance High Gloss, Hot Shine Tire Spray, Armor All Tire Foam, NXT Tech Protectant, and Stoner`s MSLT For Tires. I`ve also tried the Eagle 1 and Black Magic Tire Dressings.

Of them all, the Stoner`s looks the best and lasts the longest, but I don`t like the "spray".

I was in Colors today, looking at a bottle of #38. Wow. 32oz of tire dressing, for about $15. That would last the rest of my life, y`know?

So, what`s the lowdown? I did a search, and found some relevant answers, and I read Scottwax`s review.

Who has tried this product and settled on it? Who has tried it and moved on?

Who has like 8 oz of it they`d like to trade me, maybe for 8oz of Stoner`s Trimshine Liquid?

Tom

imported_Faceman
05-08-2004, 03:49 AM
I like it, although I wasn`t very impressed the first time I used it!

I tried it on a friends car, where the trim had REALLY faded on the wheel arches.

I applied #38 and it looked like it hadn`t done a thing. Great, I though, 32oz of rubbish. So I went off for a rummage to find something else to use and by the time I got back to the car (5 mins or so) the #38 had taken effect. The plastic had gone back to a nice black. So it seems it just takes a while for it to "sink in" and work.

I`ll be buying another 32oz soon.

Face

imported_Aurora40
05-10-2004, 12:29 PM
I really like #38. It applies similar to Gold Class Trim Dressing, but the bottle states it has antiozonants and UV stuff, which the GC does not claim to. It also seems to last a bit better, though that could be in my mind. It does last well, easily through several car washes and rains. I like it a lot on exterior plastics like the cowling at the bottom of the windshield.

JustinR32
05-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks, guys. Next time I`m down at Colors I`ll pick one up.

Tom