PDA

View Full Version : Do I have the disease?????

Pages : [1] 2

maypo
05-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I was washing and waxing my F250 SD CC the other day. That seems normal right? Well, you should have seen the looks I got from my neighbors...... I was in a hurry to get it done BEFORE it started to rain [made it by less than 1 hour :-) ] It was the only time I would get to finsih it before the kids came home. I don`t get much time alone so I took the oppertunity even though it was about to rain.

So tell me, do I have the sickness?

Is there a cure?

:scared

F150BOB
05-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Yup.:cool:

Nope:D

BOB

Raven
05-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the addiction!

MattZ28
05-07-2004, 06:41 PM
LMAO :D

maypo
05-07-2004, 06:58 PM
LMAO?

imported_NHBFAN
05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Now if you were out washing your truck in the rain:nixweiss

Buick_guy
05-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Now if you were out washing your truck in the rain:nixweiss

HEHE, I`ve done that. Its great fun when the neighbours call you crazy the next day.

Mr Monk
05-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Maypo . . .It`s really not a disease, it`s more like aberant behavior.

But, hey, we don`t want to be "normal". Too boring.

So endure the stares and enjoy making your neighbors jealous with the best looking car/truck on the block ! :D

Scott P
05-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Don`t feel too bad. I get neighbors looking at me funny when I`m washing my car in the driveway when it`s 40 degrees outside. :D

Jesstzn
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
I wash my car nearly every day even of rain forecast. The neighbor told me his wife didn`t get washed that often .. I said * Send her over* .

xpditor
05-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by maypo

I was washing and waxing my F250 SD CC the other day. That seems normal right? Well, you should have seen the looks I got from my neighbors...... I was in a hurry to get it done BEFORE it started to rain [made it by less than 1 hour :-) ] It was the only time I would get to finsih it before the kids came home. I don`t get much time alone so I took the oppertunity even though it was about to rain.

So tell me, do I have the sickness?

Is there a cure?

:scared

Let`s say you`re at risk. If you had the full-blown disease, as I do, you would be washing your pick-up IN THE RAIN to take advantage of the soft water rinsing from Mother Nature. Of course, I am in Florida where it is totally normal to not be wearing much clothes and walking around in the May rain.

I love to wash my car in the rain as long as the lightning isn`t real bad.

XP

Mr Monk
05-08-2004, 09:54 AM
xpditor . . . I see that you have an new TL. What`s your opinion of it? I`ve read very good reviews. Sharp looking car.

luke667
05-08-2004, 10:16 AM
i have coined the term neccessary for a time like this...its called Eccentric Autopianism

xpditor
05-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Dr Groove

xpditor . . . I see that you have an new TL. What`s your opinion of it? I`ve read very good reviews. Sharp looking car.

I`m a little pressed for time but let me say that this is the first car I`ve ever acquired new that has had zero deffects or flaws. None. Nadda. And I am a nitpicker. I can`t even find a run in the paint in the trunk or door jams. No dust, no scratches. Unbelievable really.

It is superb. Very comfortable. Very powerful. Very smooth and guiet. Fun to drive. People stare at it- especially kids who know what it is. The audio system, with a choice of 6 sources, including 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound (6 channel DVD-Audio) is exemplary.

If I had more time, I would go on and on. IOW: I love it.

X P

imported_NHBFAN
05-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by xpditor

I love to wash my car in the rain as long as the lightning isn`t real bad.XP

Yeah, that would be a drag "checking out" by washing your car in the rain and getting struck by lightning.

Wonder what would be an appropriate epitaph it his case?

:nixweiss