PDA

View Full Version : New Black 350Z

lisricka
05-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2004 super black 350z. I have used AIO and 4 coats of SG. The car is only driven in nice weather and is kept in the garage. I usually use the Sonus Spritz after and between washes as the car does not get extremely dirty. I also have some p21s that I would like to top it with but once I do that I will not be able to add SG, correct? Would I also not be able to use the Sonus?

Thanks in advance!:up

imported_edschwab1
05-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Use as many KSG coats that you want then use the P21s wax as you are correct about not adding more KSG after the wax. I am not about using the Sonus spray after P21s wax as I am not familar with the Sonus spray.

Eric

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-07-2004, 10:28 PM
My Sonus bottle says not to use on top of Carnauba finishes so I wouldn`t try it. I`d just use up the Sonus then apply the P21s on top then and get a good QD to replace the Sonus for between washes for a few months then start all over again with Klasse when you get bored with P21s. That `s the thing that sucks with acrylic coatings once you wanna apply carnauba you`re at the point of no return.

Jesstzn
05-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

That `s the thing that sucks with acrylic coatings once you wanna apply carnauba you`re at the point of no return.

I`m not sure about SG but I think its like Zaino .. you can top it with carnuba and if you want to layer more .. just Dawn wash the carnuba off .. it won`t remove the Polymer.

Jesstzn
05-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by lisricka

Hi all,

I have a 2004 super black 350z. I have used AIO and 4 coats of SG. The car is only driven in nice weather and is kept in the garage. I usually use the Sonus Spritz after and between washes as the car does not get extremely dirty.

I`d like to make a comment here.. I too have black and I have polished it to swirl free. The hood has aio/sg x3 .. I used Sonus and a quality MF to tune up between washes BUT I used it on one side only .. it took only 3 applications to visably see the mars.

It was Maring the SG .. I re did the AIO sg and now save the spritz for right after I wash.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

I`m not sure about SG but I think its like Zaino .. you can top it with carnuba and if you want to layer more .. just Dawn wash the carnuba off .. it won`t remove the Polymer.

Hmmm... interesting and a good enough reason for me to start up a new thread to find out. :idea

Jesstzn
05-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

Hmmm... interesting and a good enough reason for me to start up a new thread to find out. :idea

Well I know it won`t remove Zaino .. And because Klasse is a hydrocarbon solvent borne polymer its supposed to be the more durable if the 2 I would think Dawn wouldn`t lift it either.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Well I know it won`t remove Zaino .. And because Klasse is a hydrocarbon solvent borne polymer its supposed to be the more durable if the 2 I would think Dawn wouldn`t lift it either.

Wrong thread. :D