PDA

View Full Version : aggravating mf towels

gentletouch
05-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Beside the obvious answer...How do prevent/get all the stuff that seems to find its way onto the mf towels off? Anyone else have this kinda problem? Its almost like velcro.

scottabir
05-07-2004, 12:36 AM
I keep mine in plastic ziplock (gallon freezer) bags. Is that the obvious answer?

imported_HISSIN50
05-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Scott is more industrious than i am. (that is a compliment). :-)

i do have one of those 3 drawer plastic cabinet/containers (from Wal-Mart, Target, etc). I have the MF`s divided up by source and type in each drawer. this keeps them clean, i think, with easy access. i have a bigger plastic container (pull off lid on top) with all the applicators, WW`s, drying towels, mitts, and so on. the top lightly latches on, keeping it pretty air tight and clean. works pretty well, IMHO.

chris0626
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
I can`t tell: Are you talking about how to avoid getting the stuff in the MF in the first place? or how to remove what does get in? I`ll just give me $.02: When I first started using MFs, this drove me crazy. One of the best tips I got: "brush" the MF with a flea comb before washing. Sure `nuf, that does get most of the leaf/grass/whatever debris out of the MF. Now, if debris gets into the MF that I can`t remove, that towel goes to tires or other dirty-work.

Jesstzn
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
My clean ones are all stored in a sealed Rubber Maid tub. The dirty ones be it wax removal or door edge cleaning go in a 13L pail ( Dishwash soap pail ) with a lid awaiting sufficient amount to wash.

Soiled ones that are wet are hung on a line in my shop to dry before they hit the pail.

My drying towels I use for *my* car body are seldom dirty and they get hung to dry in the shop then into a sealed container.

My intent is to get the 3 drawer cabinet .. but thats down the road.

To keep stuff out of them I make sure they don`t hit the ground and if the area to ckean is that badly soiled I use a terry shop towel first.

gentletouch
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks Lynn...That is what I was talking about. i will have to try that.