PDA

View Full Version : What should i start with?

absolutcain
05-06-2004, 10:27 PM
hello!...im am really new to detailing my own vehicle so bare with me...i am going to start doing it myself now..what does everyone reccomend i buy for the first time....wax..clay bar..polish?...and tools of the trade that will make my life easier? my truck is black with a lot of swirl marks..and a ton of scratches..and its only a 2000!!...thanks in advance!

rickindy
05-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Click the learn button at the top of the page. Read everything and then you`ll be ready to get started.

Welcome to the forum.

Lowejackson
05-07-2004, 04:26 AM
The first thing I would buy is DavidB`s book :up also read as much as you can. Here is a good place to start http://autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html

togwt
05-07-2004, 07:23 AM
:welcome to Autopia, Absolutcain

As you will see it’s a ‘very user friendly’ place, the people on this forum are very knowledgeable, and are more than willing to share their knowledge. The one thing that seems to stand out here compared to other special interest forums is a spirit of "open mindednessâ€, it’s not marque or brand specific and no opinion expressed is ‘wrong’ just different.

I’ve put this together to help you ‘find your way around’, it’s a lot of reading but worthwhile.

After reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) that will tell you a bit about our operating procedures (and then Acronyms) Suggest you start at David’s guide (Learn icon – Car Care Topics) and/or (Forum – University) you could also research FAQ (go to Interact-Features-FAQ) or Interact (Search) and then ask your questions on (Forums - University) there are also tips on products under Shop (How-To) plus be sure to check on the discounts available to forum members. And there’s the (Reviews) section that includes the Hall of Fame, where contributing members have posted their evaluation of products.

The Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook†(eBook Subscription) contains 15 chapters packed full of car care `how-to` information and covers most facets of vehicle detailing (best of all, it’s free). If Autopia solves just one of your detailing problems it’s worth the price of admission

"Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*