PDA

View Full Version : What automotive products do you use in a non-automotive environment?

Logik
05-06-2004, 09:53 PM
What products work for other purposes than detailing automobiles? What products work well for what purpose? Who Zainos their toilets?

We need to know!

edit: Could you Zaino a toilet?

Also, would Rain-X on your mirrors make your mirrors not fog when you shower? I might test this theory out.

bunker
05-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Meguair`s carpet cleaner.........

Awesome stuff (thanks Mike)

dcswd
05-07-2004, 12:09 AM
well if you have nice looking computer case (thats glossy of course)... wax that!.

imported_HISSIN50
05-07-2004, 02:01 AM
I Klasse the hot tub, showers, etc. i use stuff like that on many different things around the house.

i know a guy whom uses VM (i think he used VM) on his a/c unit.

imported_Dave Holmes
05-07-2004, 02:52 AM
I tried the Rain X Anti-fog stuff on my bathroom mirrors; it didn`t work.

I`ve NXT`d my shower walls. Really helps keep them clean. And future cleanings are a breeze.

I use the Meg`s plastic cleaner (#10 I think) and plastic cleaner spray on my TV`s and monitors for their cleaning and anti-static properties. You`d be amazed at the difference in dust attraction. Try it on half a TV screen, and compare the 2 halves a few days later. Amazing.

My wife used my PC and DACP with cutting pad on our bath tub to remove hard water stains/spots. Worked well. However, I recommend against adding wax for obvious reasons....

Since my California Water Blade isn`t used on my car`s paint, I use it as a squeegee in my shower.

Yes, I`m infected with the Autopia bug, and am infecting my wife, too.

Dave

turborave
05-07-2004, 08:23 AM
we use stoner invisible glass on all the glass in the house.

luke667
05-07-2004, 08:39 AM
any good leather conditioner on wallets, belts, shoes

jlynntc
05-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Let`s see. I`ve waxed the fridge, stove,

wall oven, etc... my Meg`s stuff. I`ve also

used car wash soap in the bathroom and

it`s amazing. I`ve also used billet cleaner

in the kitchen sink since it`s stainless. Talk

about a mirror finish. Probably a few other

things but that`s all I can think of for now.:D

The Beer Man:D ;) :p

maecrispy
05-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Wolfgang:

Trash Cans

Shower Doors

Toaster (chrome, helps w/ fingerprints)

Fridge

TV

Oven

Z-12:

French doors

Sliding doors

All our mirrors

Z-10:

Belts (clothing)

Old MF towels for dusting

Gotta try Stoners IG for windows. :D

kevmo327
05-07-2004, 09:48 AM
I used the Klasse twins on my yellow lab, he is shiney and beads water really well now

All kidding aside, I use alot of my products all over the house and my sone has the cleanest BMX bike at his school, also the Klasse on his football helmet did a great job

tomstin
05-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Clay on the bath tub to remove overspray. RainX on the glass shower, Z12 on other glass around the house