PDA

View Full Version : We Are Moving This Weekend!

Beemerboy
10-01-2004, 09:59 AM
OK gang

I will be off line until Thursday Oct 7th as we are moving to a new house. Worst part is that we are moving from 7624 Melody to 7608 Melody. The only real hard part about the move is the cat. He is an outside cat but it will take him about a month to figure out that we are down the street now. Reason I know this we made a very simlair move years back and thats how long it took.

I know your to keep a cat indoors for a week or so and we will do that but I doubt that will keep him from going back down the street.
Something that I have never heard of, I was told to rub butter on his paws and that would put his sent in the house and he would stay there..Anyone ever hear this?

Anyway you all have a great weekend and while detailing think of me I`ll be cleaning a shower and unpacking a box!!!

norahcrv
10-01-2004, 10:09 AM
What some people won`t do to get rid of the critters under their deck!!! ;)

Good luck in your move, Dave!!!

I have heard of the "butter on paws" thing, but I would think that would just make for another mess to be cleaned-up? But hey, it might work?

jaybs02
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Good Luck on the move
They are always so much fun :rolleyes:

Poorboy
10-01-2004, 10:16 AM
What some people won`t do to get rid of the critters under their deck!!! ;)

Good luck in your move, Dave!!!

I have heard of the "butter on paws" thing, but I would think that would just make for another mess to be cleaned-up? But hey, it might work?

I think the real reason for the move is that he lost something in the house and the easiest way to find it is to move:lmfao :rolling ... have a good move:bigups

The Chee
10-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Have a good weekend Dave, watch that back ;-)
Don`t forget to post some pics of the bimmer in the new place

G35stilez
10-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Good Luck with everything!

I have an indoors cat, so that`s no help to you. Cat`s aren`t dumb though. Mine got out once in an absolute downpour. Came back looking like a wet rat, but she came back. :)

Beemerboy
10-07-2004, 09:40 AM
OK I`m back and let me tell you we all have a way of collecting junk over the years that makes you wonder why you still have it. The move took two days and 1 truck and two SUV`s moving about 100 times each up and down the block. The hardest part was the cleaning of the old plae that took about 6 hours total. The cat has amazed me I brought him down to the house locked him in and he was ok with the whole thing. He did nto like the berber carpet much his nails clinged to the carpet. Anyway he still goes back to the other house but knows where the food is at and shows up morniung and afternoons meowing his face off.
We still have a lot of unpacking to do but that should be done in the next few weeks and then I think we are going to have another garage sale.

The detail area is coming along have to get it set up just the way I like but I really think that its going to take me getting a car and going threw the process to figure out where it will all fit.

kimwallace
10-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Congratulations on your new house.
Glad to hear you are moved in and ready to hit the detailing.

JaredPointer
10-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Glad things are going smoothly, Beemer!!

Poorboy
10-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Dave did the neighbors think you were :crazy moving a few house away:dunno

Beemerboy
10-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Steve

ONly a few knew what we where doing but everyone asked if they could help. I hired two guys to move the heavy stuff that and that saved the back big time. Wall units weight a lot and I have two one oak, and maple.