PDA

View Full Version : To all London residents

lance
05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
My sister lives and works in these areas: SW16 and SW17.

What good shops are in these areas to get detailing supplies?

I`m mostly after polishing pads and microfiber towels.

kbulava85
05-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Meguiar`s UK (http://www.meguiars.co.uk/) have a stockist section on their new website. This currently shows 3 stockists in your sister`s postcode areas. ;)

I guess if they stock Meguiar`s that they`ll be into detailing supplies in a bigger/more specific way than Halfords and the like.

Hope that helps.

Lowejackson
05-07-2004, 03:54 AM
Welcome to Autopia Megs

The Meguiars yellow pads are nice but for the interior I use dish washing pads, these are also useful for tyres and exterior plastic moldings: cheap to buy and you can just bin them once they are used.

As for MF towels, the best ones I have found can only be bought online but it is worth checking household stores as well as the motor shops

gez
05-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Just order from Alex at Serious Performance... His MF towels are just superb and they have also passed the CD test....He also stock all Megs gear and some of the stuff our Yank freinds use like P21S, Poorboys, Cleakote etc..

Cheers

Gerry

togwt
05-07-2004, 07:31 AM
"our Yank friends " (Yankee is OK) Yank has a compleatly different meaning in US :o

Myles
05-07-2004, 08:25 AM
What is the meaning of yank in the US. Is it pull?

Serious question, as i have a new boss from detroit who has just arrived in Oz. Dont wanna say the wrong thing.

Lowejackson
05-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Myles, it should be your boss who needs to watch what he says, after all, he is in your country.

I think people very quickly adapt to the changes in language so I would not worry about it

Gez is quite right, Alex sells some very good quality products and I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

jasonatv22
05-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I live in the US and when I hear a guy from the Uk say "yank" I assume he means north american. I think that if I heard him say "yanker" that would be different, but, really, he`d probably say "wanker".